Furutech Pure Power 6E NCF

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
Dragging myself from my set (extremely hard) in order to provide you all with an episode of an audiophile. I have been playing with Nagra (see pics) for a while. Extremely happy but the upgrade bug kept raising its ugly head. So I went to listen to a Zanden 3000 mk2 preamp (to replace my Nagra Jazz), dreaming about a second hand pair of Zanden 9600s to replace my Nagra Classic Amp. Went to listen to the Zanden preamp and it was great: bigger sound, deeper soundstage. Great in every sense. But out of my reach financially. Still I wanted to do something, anything, you all know the feeling. So… what isn’t expensive and would still give me some improvement. Enter the Furutech NCF rhodium wall socket. At 265 euros a no brainer. Ordered the thing found a nice gentleman to install it and…. Was totally shocked! Lower noisefloor, more detail, more more more. But, even though I would never consider going back, there was a presence which curbed my enthousiam a bit… there was some definite “upfrontness” in the sound. As said, not enough to have regrets but still…. The improvement (in the detail department) led me to think more about the “power department”. I had read about the Pure Power 6E NCF and even though it was out of my reach right now, I wanted to hear it. Fortunately enough, I could listen to it in a super high-end store in the Netherlands, AudioLife in Buren, run by a team of enthusiast audiophiles. I described my experience here: https://www.whatsbestforum.com/thre...ibex-granada-powersplitter.27486/#post-558000
But listening in a shop is not the same as listening at home. Fortunately, I was offered to test it at home. So home I went, taking a PP6ENCF along with the cheapest NCF power distributor (e-TP609E NCF), four NCF boosters and two TP-TCS31 power cables. At home, in went the mighty Elrod Master Diamond and the two Furutechs went to the Classsic Amp and MPS (feeding the Nagra Jazz and CDP). At this moment I have to make a confession…apart from looking forward to the experience… there was also some fear. What if the PP6ENF would also show the upfrontness of the wall socket (which, but the way, has decreased a lot by now), what if it would all be too much? I was told the unit was well broken in, but still… Well, there was only one way to find out, push the play button. And then….. nothing. Nothing?! No spectacular sound, no audio nirvana, no nothing. My brain did not compute… what happened?!? After the first five minutes of shock, I noticed how I heard things I had never heard before: increased soundstage, increased resolution, byebye noisefloor. The best sound ever but not in the way I expected. I have been playing for three days now, eight hours each day (the unit has to go back at the end of this week). Totally awed and for the first time in a long while, having the feeling, YES this is it!. But what was the initial shock? It was the fact that this thing is like Switzerland: totally neutral: every frequency was given the same attention. The improvement was from top to bottom. It is also like Switzerland in that the view is as if you were standing on a mountaintop in clear sunny weather, spectacular! No, Shakti, this will not turn your Wilsons into Magicos hahaha. But I guess you are already extremely happy using the first version of the Pure Power. So what is next? Well the Zanden dream is over, I will buy the PP6ENF, as soon as funds allow it. It gives me all I want. Will it end the upgrade virus for ever? No of course it won’t (I am a man ánd an audiophile, thé recipe to do silly things). But it will end the search for quite a while. The Furutech Pure Power 6E NCF, boring to perfection, the end of the search for spectacular sound because, without knowing it, it is already here. What can I say, if you feel the upgrade bug, the need to spend money in a big way, do yourself a favour: borrow the PP6ENCF, it will probably do more than a new amp etc. If you look at my photograph, you will see the unit in the middle, and that is where it belongs: in the middle, delivering its unassuming magic to every other component. And also, every compenent yet to come in the distant future. The fact that is also looks exquisite helps of course. If I were a rapper I would buy a big chain and wear the Pure Power around my neck haha (and ruin my back).

Attachments

• NCF booster 1.jpg
    NCF booster 1.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 221
  • NCF booster 2.jpg
    NCF booster 2.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 209
  • Pure Power.jpg
    Pure Power.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 230
  • The set.jpg
    The set.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 239

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Very interesting! Would love to know more about those Furutech cable holders. I have never used any...but now I actually need to because the IEC inlets of some new cables are so heavy, they sag. So I can prop them up with a box or something...but I would rather get something where height is adjustable. Thanks for any insights!

StreamFidelity

Jun 30, 2020
Rostock, Germany
griggaudio.de
@nirodha, thank you very much for this beautiful report. Your setup looks very good.

Would love to know more about those Furutech cable holders.

The Furutech FI-50 NCF (R) plugs are quite heavy. In the past I fixed it with a butyl round cord (the shiny layer) on my T+A M10 Amps.

I have ordered the Furutech NCF Booster. The screwing was done quickly even without instructions. :)

The assembly can be done in different ways.

1. The IEC connector must be leveled with a small spirit level on the lower shell so that it is absolutely vertical. The booster has a damping layer in the substructure to the rack.

2 The IEC is now only on and the result is compared with 3 + 4.

3 In addition, the upper contact plate (additional weight) is placed.

4 In addition, the supplied elastic band is tightened so that the upper contact plate is also pressed on.

The spirit level is particularly recommended, as it is easy to misjudge yourself. If so, the current should flow through perfectly aligned contacts.

As you can see, I installed the full program. I think the mechanics are a successful mixture of stability (the plug always has the same position) and decoupling (there is enough play).

Fresh out of the box, I noticed the slightly better instrument localization. The room is illuminated very nicely. No worlds, but I think the stabilization is good for my T+A Amps. The material may also have its share: Nano Crystal² Formula NCF. If I have understood correctly, the crystalline material is supposed to remove static charges and convert kinetic energy into heat.

Greetings Gabriel

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thank you! I am using the Sablon Audio Prince with the massive Bocchino IEC so this is looking like something worth considering.

Sablon Audio King Power Cord.jpg

Reactions: CKKeung and nirodha

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
Hi all,
I hope I can make sense of my total experience this weekend. The problem with installing a lot of new "variables" is to differentiate (Pure power / NCF boosters / Furutech cables). But I'll give it a try :).

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Wow! Great photo...have ordered 2 NCF Boosters just because a cable IEC shifting even a millimeter slightly and then shutting down the system instantly can be explosively bad for the system. We had it happen once with an unusually heavy powercable that must have shifted out of the IEC socket partway, and the BOOM scared everybody!

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
@nirodha, Are your cable elevators for your Elrod's benches?
HI, yes, I used them at the beginning (at the wall socket) and end (into the Pure Power). They are addictive little pieces. Hard to describe what they do but once in, you don't want to take them out. Best desciption is that they increase the 3D and they give a sort of "aliveness" to the sound. Have to return the pure power, a bundle of Furutech powercords and the NCF booster to the shop tomorrow after a week of high-end heaven.

Forte

Feb 16, 2017
I actually meant the area above the red that I marked in your picture. :)
18C99F2A-674D-4C7D-956A-5480BDB2D12E.jpeg

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
HI, yes, I used them at the beginning (at the wall socket) and end (into the Pure Power). They are addictive little pieces. Hard to describe what they do but once in, you don't want to take them out. Best desciption is that they increase the 3D and they give a sort of "aliveness" to the sound. Have to return the pure power, a bundle of Furutech powercords and the NCF booster to the shop tomorrow after a week of high-end heaven.
Agree! Very surprised...just put 2 in about 10 minutes ago and listening now. The upper mids and lower and mid-treble all sound more alive, more open. Positive. I am trying to ascertain whether it has shaved any mid to upper density of tone.

I honestly was ONLY looking for stability, as some of our plugs are up quite high and the idea of just stacking random stuff to get up that high and remain perfectly stable was just not a good idea. So we started with 2 NCF Boosters...and while I admit they are very expensive little contraptions, AT LEAST they are WELL BUILT. We used 4 vertical connections for one Booster so it is nearly 30cm tall...and is now sitting underneath a heavy cable plugged into a loose fitting and also wrapped in a heavy Entreq full-sized Silver Tellus Wrap...and the entire plug fitting is super solid now.

Before, the plug was 85% into the socket due to the angle of the entry...and you could see the prongs when plugged in...now it is 99.5% straight in. MUCH better.

That structural solidity alone would have justified the purchase...but if only 2 of these makes an improvement, that is even better. The 2 are on either end of the powercable for the Zanden DAC. I just want to make sure it does not alter the carefull dialed-in sound negatively. Stay tuned...still evaluating.

That said, due to the risk of the plugs coming undone on the Gryphon (also quite high up since the Gryphon is also on top of Stillpoints Ultra 6s)...I have ordered 2 more Furutech NCF Boosters!

Reactions: CKKeung and nirodha

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Pleased to report that in allowing things to 'settle in'...i have gone back to some reference recordings particularly ones which would expose any unwanted 'lightening' of tonal density in the upper mids or treble...so far none. But there is greater illumination/clarity in the upper mids and treble which is a positive. Still more listening to do to check and recheck carefully.

Reactions: nirodha

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
Oh, haha. I made custom raisers out of wood, just to raise the Elrod Masters from the floor. Have to be honest, there is no audible difference but it looks better and it is easier to dust the floor.

I actually meant the area above the red that I marked in your picture. :)
View attachment 70637

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
Agree! Very surprised...just put 2 in about 10 minutes ago and listening now. The upper mids and lower and mid-treble all sound more alive, more open. Positive. I am trying to ascertain whether it has shaved any mid to upper density of tone.

I honestly was ONLY looking for stability, as some of our plugs are up quite high and the idea of just stacking random stuff to get up that high and remain perfectly stable was just not a good idea. So we started with 2 NCF Boosters...and while I admit they are very expensive little contraptions, AT LEAST they are WELL BUILT. We used 4 vertical connections for one Booster so it is nearly 30cm tall...and is now sitting underneath a heavy cable plugged into a loose fitting and also wrapped in a heavy Entreq full-sized Silver Tellus Wrap...and the entire plug fitting is super solid now.

Before, the plug was 85% into the socket due to the angle of the entry...and you could see the prongs when plugged in...now it is 99.5% straight in. MUCH better.

That structural solidity alone would have justified the purchase...but if only 2 of these makes an improvement, that is even better. The 2 are on either end of the powercable for the Zanden DAC. I just want to make sure it does not alter the carefull dialed-in sound negatively. Stay tuned...still evaluating.

That said, due to the risk of the plugs coming undone on the Gryphon (also quite high up since the Gryphon is also on top of Stillpoints Ultra 6s)...I have ordered 2 more Furutech NCF Boosters!

Well done! I do not think there is any negative result by using the Boosters. But applying them excessively would not be my way to go.... for me it could be a way to madness hahaha. "Mmm, one more? Is it better? Is it too much?.... Four is a nice number :)

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
I have received today 3 Furutech Booster for power cable and 6 for the signal.
For the moment, it's very good, but I must test more positions.

Reactions: nirodha

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
I have received today 3 Furutech Booster for power cable and 6 for the signal.
For the moment, it's very good, but I must test more positions.
Enjoy! I loved the boosters with the NCF plugs of the power cables (NCF nanoflux powercables). I don't understand why they worked at all with the best NCF connectors already in place... but they did. The Clear Line didn't do much though

Piotr_905

VIP/Donor
Oct 28, 2020
Dragging myself from my set (extremely hard) in order to provide you all with an episode of an audiophile. I have been playing with Nagra (see pics) for a while. Extremely happy but the upgrade bug kept raising its ugly head. So I went to listen to a Zanden 3000 mk2 preamp (to replace my Nagra Jazz), dreaming about a second hand pair of Zanden 9600s to replace my Nagra Classic Amp. Went to listen to the Zanden preamp and it was great: bigger sound, deeper soundstage. Great in every sense. But out of my reach financially. Still I wanted to do something, anything, you all know the feeling. So… what isn’t expensive and would still give me some improvement. Enter the Furutech NCF rhodium wall socket. At 265 euros a no brainer. Ordered the thing found a nice gentleman to install it and…. Was totally shocked! Lower noisefloor, more detail, more more more. But, even though I would never consider going back, there was a presence which curbed my enthousiam a bit… there was some definite “upfrontness” in the sound. As said, not enough to have regrets but still…. The improvement (in the detail department) led me to think more about the “power department”. I had read about the Pure Power 6E NCF and even though it was out of my reach right now, I wanted to hear it. Fortunately enough, I could listen to it in a super high-end store in the Netherlands, AudioLife in Buren, run by a team of enthusiast audiophiles. I described my experience here: https://www.whatsbestforum.com/thre...ibex-granada-powersplitter.27486/#post-558000
But listening in a shop is not the same as listening at home. Fortunately, I was offered to test it at home. So home I went, taking a PP6ENCF along with the cheapest NCF power distributor (e-TP609E NCF), four NCF boosters and two TP-TCS31 power cables. At home, in went the mighty Elrod Master Diamond and the two Furutechs went to the Classsic Amp and MPS (feeding the Nagra Jazz and CDP). At this moment I have to make a confession…apart from looking forward to the experience… there was also some fear. What if the PP6ENF would also show the upfrontness of the wall socket (which, but the way, has decreased a lot by now), what if it would all be too much? I was told the unit was well broken in, but still… Well, there was only one way to find out, push the play button. And then….. nothing. Nothing?! No spectacular sound, no audio nirvana, no nothing. My brain did not compute… what happened?!? After the first five minutes of shock, I noticed how I heard things I had never heard before: increased soundstage, increased resolution, byebye noisefloor. The best sound ever but not in the way I expected. I have been playing for three days now, eight hours each day (the unit has to go back at the end of this week). Totally awed and for the first time in a long while, having the feeling, YES this is it!. But what was the initial shock? It was the fact that this thing is like Switzerland: totally neutral: every frequency was given the same attention. The improvement was from top to bottom. It is also like Switzerland in that the view is as if you were standing on a mountaintop in clear sunny weather, spectacular! No, Shakti, this will not turn your Wilsons into Magicos hahaha. But I guess you are already extremely happy using the first version of the Pure Power. So what is next? Well the Zanden dream is over, I will buy the PP6ENF, as soon as funds allow it. It gives me all I want. Will it end the upgrade virus for ever? No of course it won’t (I am a man ánd an audiophile, thé recipe to do silly things). But it will end the search for quite a while. The Furutech Pure Power 6E NCF, boring to perfection, the end of the search for spectacular sound because, without knowing it, it is already here. What can I say, if you feel the upgrade bug, the need to spend money in a big way, do yourself a favour: borrow the PP6ENCF, it will probably do more than a new amp etc. If you look at my photograph, you will see the unit in the middle, and that is where it belongs: in the middle, delivering its unassuming magic to every other component. And also, every compenent yet to come in the distant future. The fact that is also looks exquisite helps of course. If I were a rapper I would buy a big chain and wear the Pure Power around my neck haha (and ruin my back).
Hallo, it's Saturday 10 o'clock in the morning in Europe and for the Nth time I'm reading your impressions of the PP6ENCF distributor, except that today I'm seriously considering it to replace my TP609 NCF, which does a great a job in my system. :) Did you compare the 609 with the PP6 at the time, or you just went straight for the PP6? I'm wondering what sort of upgrade I would be getting buying the PP6... Do you really believe it's an upgrade as huge as to forgive less than top-of-the-line Furu power cords? I'm currrently using non-NCF Nanoflux for my custom-made tube amplifier and DPS-4.1 for the CD player (Metronome CD8 S). The cord feeding the power distributor is a local product. Generally speaking, I'm a great believer in investing in power supply - from my experience, it provides a huge improvement in terms of SQ, at least as much as individual components (or more!). For the price of this power distributor, I would be able to upgrade my power cords though...

Last edited:

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
Hallo, it's Saturday 10 o'clock in the morning in Europe and for the Nth time I'm reading your impressions of the PP6ENCF distributor, except that today I'm seriously considering it to replace my TP609 NCF, which does a great a job in my system. :) Did you compare the 609 with the PP6 at the time, or you just went straight for the PP6? I'm wondering what sort of upgrade I would be getting buying the PP6... Do you really believe it's an upgrade as huge as to forgive less than top-of-the-line Furu power cords? I'm currrently using non-NCF Nanoflux for my custom-made tube amplifier and DPS-4.1 for the CD player (Metronome CD8 S). The cord feeding the power distributor is a local product. Generally speaking, I'm a great believer in investing in power supply - from my experience, it provides a huge improvement in terms of SQ, at least as much as individual components (or more!). For the price of this power distributor, I would be able to upgrade my power cords though...
Hi there, to answer your question, and perhaps raising a few for you. Yes, I compared the PP6ENCF with the TP609NCF. And I am sorry to tell you that the Pure Power just shamed the 609. The pure power provides a cleaner view on music, sound becomes much more real. It is like removing a grey layer which you didn't notice before. Everything you plug into it, is improved. However, I do not know what the influence of other (than top Nanoflux NCF) power cables is. I heard the 4.1 at home and was not that impressed. But it IS a personal thing. For some people the Pure Power in combination with the Nanoflux NCF's is too much of a good thing. I like a highly transparent sound, but that is just me. The sound at my place is free from noise but also free from tuning-warmth, provided by other cables. It is nót a cold sound! Just realistic (whatever that means). My advice is..... maybe to switch the cord feeding the power distributor first. Just to see what that does. For an organic, full sound I can recommend Elrod cables (2 friends of mine have their Pure Power block (yes, they also could not resist from buying one after hearing its influence on sound) fed by a Elrod Master Diamond power cable. I chose for Nanoflux NCFs for all power cables. But I have Elrod Master Diamond loudspeaker cables and will try the interlink soon. Good luck with your experiments. And remember... everything is subjective. The only way to find out what and object does to a subject (you) is to try it out yourself ;).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing