Fwd: hello from Costa Rica...

roberto

hello...my name is Roberto, and love music...or I should I say: love listening the musicians playing at my place...through my system. I think that we are getting closer to the real thing, and each day, the way of the digital recorders at the mixing and studio work is giving us the right info. Of course, there are too many variants and many likings...what I like does not necessary is your liking. But with respect and open mind to new approaches, I am enjoying much, much more my system...it is not perfect, but I am very happy with it. My first contact with high end was at the late 70s with the Beveridge electrostatic speakers...I had listened the first Quads at my dads house in the early 60s, and my heart was with that kind of sound, electrostatic!. I also, met Conrad Johnson goods, and started to listen again tubes...and still love tube sound, of course, there are a lot of SS sound that I like, starting from Mark Levinson, Jeff Rowland, Muse, and many, many high end brands trying to give us the best...here in Costa Rica, at the early 90s came to live here another crazy guy like me, and wealthy...spending a lot of money with brands that I though I never was going to listen to them...we got samples, and sold them to our limited market, and really had a big chance to listen good brands. Then, we started a business, with high end goods. Right now, I own a modest system. But before I tell you what I have, a little info regarding me. Studied electronics and classical guitar, broke my back in an accident, 85, and can not play anymore guitar...so I started to try to be an audiophile, and still try on these days...you never stop learning from new paths or new research at the circuit topology, and your ears are always getting aware of the improved new sound!...the war of digital vs analogue will never end...and your ears can tell the difference...and you choose the one that you liked most...so, this is a big world, and bigger enough to hold and support all different ways to play the musician(s) at your place...this is our search. I think I am talking to much...please forgive my dare!...I just could not resist to say how happy I am here...and I thank Kach22i to invited me here at this fantastic forum...
Warm regards to all of you from Costa Rica, and I wish you a very happy listening,
Roberto.

roberto

Thanks for the warm welcome...

Hola chicos...well I as all you know, I think that it is better to trust your ears...they are better than any sound tool tester...as an example, how can you tell the feeling of a musician when he is playing with tender or passion, or how can you measure love or hate?...and through the music, you get all these feelings, right?...or when a piano player is playing a song, do you listen to his left hand? Harmony is usually there...and the right hand give us the melody...this is reason why out there are a lot of versions of the same work, I have as an example about 14 different versions of the Claro de Luna-Beethoven...and I can say when it is played by Paul Badura Skoda, Maurizio Pollini, Alicia de la Rocha, Evgeny Kissin, Robert Silverman, Claudio Abbado, to name a few...and you get their individual sound...and feeling...the way that they play any work...this is what an audiophile is searching...and the good thing, it that our there are sooooooo many good systems, and tons of electronic devices trying to give as the truth...so this is way I say: trust your ears, not specs. You can have any component saying it is the most flat frequency response, the best signal to noise ration, the best at the harmonic distortion, and when you listen to it, you just do not like it...perhaps could be another component at the system chain that do not make a good pair, a good match...your ears can tell...so again, trust in them...search for what you like and enjoy the wonderful sound...I wish you a very happy listening!!!
Roberto.

Ron

Jul 2, 2010
Hi Roberto

Welcome and thanks for joining. I took my family to Costa Rica 2 years ago and couldn't stop raving about the beauty. Loved everything but don't ever ask me to get on those zip lines again

I went to Costa Rica about 3 years ago. I loved the zip lines. Scary at first, even the climb up to the first tree. A beautiful place.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing