FYI - Wellfloat - a "Game Changer in Mechanical Vibration Management"

Cyclotronguy

Aug 31, 2012
N. CA

Anyone tried this brand?
Yes I have several sets. I've done demo's with a high mass plinth fit with an SP-10 MK II and various arms and hte whoe affiar on Wel-Floats. No one has ever been brave enough to smack the top of the plinth with enough force to get the stylus to skip. A small lateral nudge however is pretty dramatic.

Steveo

Oct 2, 2021
Hi Cyclotronguy. From whom did you purchase the Wellfloats? I attempted to obtain purchase information from their website with little engagement. Are you using these under speakers or components?
Thanks, Steve

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
It was game changer last year.

There must be a new game changer by now.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
It was game changer last year.

There must be a new game changer by now.
There is. The Wellfloat Delta Extreme.

Reactions: jeff1225

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Not for boats...God created water, rivers, oceans for boats.

ACHiPo

Feb 22, 2015
Pleasanton, CA
The board is interesting. It doesn't seem to absorb vibrations, though? It is more like a spring or other undamped isolator (unless I'm missing something).

Cyclotronguy

Aug 31, 2012
N. CA
Steveo

The Wellfloats were gifted by one of the staff at Electori and Company in Tokyo after I had exressed interest in at CES some years ago. My contact at Electori has retired.

Electori did not as far as I know have any dealings with the Wellfloat company, this was simply a private purchase; couldn't say if they were new or second hand.

They are however very intereting. Again they are amazing for vertical foces, not so great for lateral forces. I've only used them under vintage TT: a Denon DP-80 and a techniques SP-10 Mk II where they are very effective against footfalls,

On speakers I suspect they do a poor job of reacting to driver forces, those forces being primarally of a lateral nature

I have a friend who has them under his two Micro Seiki's. and a Feikert. One Micro runs an SME-12 R and optical cartirge the other an Lyra atlas on a Kuxma arm. both amazing systems. I've not heard his system without but it might get ugly, twin REL 812's, large Soundlabs (driven by 600W mono-blocs) a penchant for bass heavy material in a very small room.

I think his came from one of the more active Japanese re-sellers of high end audio on ebay and these are the WellFloat "Boards"

Reactions: theophile

Cyclotronguy

Aug 31, 2012
N. CA
ACHIPo

A semi epiptic spring and suspensory pendilum. No "elastomeric" damping; but none the less pretty lossy. They settle out quickly in the verticle plaine.

Reactions: ACHiPo

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
So, spkrs situated on them sway a little when pushed?

Steveo

Oct 2, 2021
Steveo

The Wellfloats were gifted by one of the staff at Electori and Company in Tokyo after I had exressed interest in at CES some years ago. My contact at Electori has retired.

Electori did not as far as I know have any dealings with the Wellfloat company, this was simply a private purchase; couldn't say if they were new or second hand.

They are however very intereting. Again they are amazing for vertical foces, not so great for lateral forces. I've only used them under vintage TT: a Denon DP-80 and a techniques SP-10 Mk II where they are very effective against footfalls,

On speakers I suspect they do a poor job of reacting to driver forces, those forces being primarally of a lateral nature

I have a friend who has them under his two Micro Seiki's. and a Feikert. One Micro runs an SME-12 R and optical cartirge the other an Lyra atlas on a Kuxma arm. both amazing systems. I've not heard his system without but it might get ugly, twin REL 812's, large Soundlabs (driven by 600W mono-blocs) a penchant for bass heavy material in a very small room.

I think his came from one of the more active Japanese re-sellers of high end audio on ebay and these are the WellFloat "Boards"
Thanks for sharing your experience. AudioExotic members express more than elation with the Wellfloats supporting their speakers. I was considering a set for Avalon Times, but I have difficulty obtaining price and availability.

Marcus

Member Sponsor
Oct 5, 2012
You can buy directly and prices for Delta speaker isolation base are:

EUR 395 for Delta standard model
EUR 429 for Delta with centre pillar option

+ VAT + pp…

WellFloat also make Delta instrument bases for cellos, basses and pianos.

kimurastanley

Mar 16, 2019
Singapore
881B0801-28C6-4928-A177-CDA7124D8E65.jpeg
I am using the platform under my preamp and power supply. Just sharing my experience.

What I found is wellfloat platform improves the depth of sound stage, improves texture of the vocal, and I can hear more details compared my previous platform.

Haven’t tried the delta isolation bases yet. Recently audio exotic opens new branch in Singapore, so will plan for a home demo.

matakana

Aug 26, 2020
UK
View attachment 83250
I am using the platform under my preamp and power supply. Just sharing my experience.

What I found is wellfloat platform improves the depth of sound stage, improves texture of the vocal, and I can hear more details compared my previous platform.

Haven’t tried the delta isolation bases yet. Recently audio exotic opens new branch in Singapore, so will plan for a home demo.
It looks like you have constrained layer soundek mats underneath as well, they will very much contribute one way or another if this is the case!

kimurastanley

Mar 16, 2019
Singapore
It looks like you have constrained layer soundek mats underneath as well, they will very much contribute one way or another if this is the case!
Do you mean another board underneath the wellfloat? That is the design

Or underneath the preamp footers?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing