G1 Spirit

JakeP

Jul 5, 2019
G1 Spirit requires more power for the bass drivers. Think about using a Class A transistor for the bass drivers and using the Jadis to run the mid and treble parts. I work for Vivid Audio.

lesacre

May 9, 2015
Chicago
www.kyomiaudio.com
Hi Jake, I know who you are, we communicated via email regarding the Spirits in Chicago if you remember.
I have driven the Spirits with many powerful amps and yes, they benefit from current. The best sound I got out of them was with 200W class A Jadis JA200 MKii tube monos (you can see them sitting next to the 845NEC) and the Gryphon Antileon Evo which is 150W class A solid state. I was just pleasantly surprised that those 845NEC were able to get a reasonable bass and rather relaxed midrange and treble out of the Spirits. Although, they would not be my absolute first choice top drive them.

Jake Purches

Jun 17, 2015
The Spirits are different from the other Vivid Giyas, as the bass drivers have much larger motor systems - a full 5 inch coil sitting in a dense neodymium magnet system. Plus the x-max of the driver has been increased by 50%. All in all a supreme bass driver - and there are two of them in each cab. So you can imagine the impedance is on the lowish side, hence a strong amplifier is required. But when you get that right amp, the bass is heaven, and extremely extended to 16 hz and below with the power to match.

lesacre

May 9, 2015
Chicago
www.kyomiaudio.com
Thanks, Jake, I am aware of all that - I happened to be the oldest Vivid dealer in the US and launched the Spirits together with Dic here in Chicago :) say hi to Him from me please.

Jake Purches

Jun 17, 2015
Thanks, Jake, I am aware of all that - I happened to be the oldest Vivid dealer in the US and launched the Spirits together with Dic here in Chicago :) say hi to Him from me please.
I will say Hi to Dic. He is away in France right now, but back at the lab shortly.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing