Game of Thrones | Season 8 | Official Trailer (HBO) and episode one synopsis

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

well after waiting what seemed to be an eternity GOT Season 8 started tonight

Episode one started with a rehash of the story last year and the fact that John Snow is not the bastard son of Ned Stark but rather the true son of the dead Iron King, the King of the 7 Kingdoms

All the armies are meeting at Winterfell for the final battle and we see Bram becoming a part of the story. However Arya and Sansa are there as well. Most of the significant characters all showed up in episode one so we know who the final players will be

The big question is the relationship between John Snow who was the King of the North and Danaerys whom he "gave the knee"and relinquished his crown for her, his queen.

Senna continues to dislike Danaerys and Arya has a strange relationship with Senna

All in all the tension is mounting especially when Samwell tells John Snow his true heritage

It's going to be a short final season . The other big question is what will be the fate of Cercy who now sits on the Iron Throne

Stay tuned for all of the big battles and who will sit on the Iron Throne

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Well, hit or miss episode for me. Loved the parallels to the pilot episode, not so much the romantic dragon flight with cheesy dialog.

For a dark horse candidate, wonder if Sansa will ultimately sit on the throne or if she just becomes the Queen of the North.

Reactions: jeff1225

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
I also wonder how Dany didn't figure out Jon Snow is Targaryen - I mean, he just rode dragons on his own. Then again, incest was often involved with Targaryen bloodlines.

Steve Williams

I also wonder how Dany didn't figure out Jon Snow is Targaryen - I mean, he just rode dragons on his own. Then again, incest was often involved with Targaryen bloodlines.

Interesting thought. For me that would be tough to connect the dots. Dany is a Targaryan so I guess the incest route between her and Snow is being followed. Are they cousins

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Interesting thought. For me that would be tough to connect the dots. Dany is a Targaryen so I guess the incest route between her and Snow is being followed. Are they cousins

She's technically his aunt (Rhaegar's little sister). One of them is probably killed which may take care of this little issue.

Steve Williams

She's technically his aunt (Rhaegar's little sister). One of them is probably killed which may take care of this little issue.
when you say one of them is probably killed do you mean Dany and Snow

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
when you say one of them is probably killed do you mean Dany and Snow

Here is a good synopsis of the heritage....

https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/How-Did-Rhaegar-Targaryen-Die-Game-Thrones-43883682

Yes, i believe Jon or Dany will die soon- likely in the coming battle with the Night King.

That is a great article, thanks.

My confusion lies in why Dany or Jon would have a priority claim for the Iron Throne. Remember, Viserys first claimed the Iron Throne (and priority over Dany) as Rhaegar's brother. Or do bloodlines (and male bloodlines in particular) mean that Jon being the son of Rhaegar takes priority.

Steve Williams

well, someone also thought about it - turns out eldest male bloodlines take precedent:

https://ew.com/tv/2019/04/14/game-of-thrones-jon-snow-iron-throne-daenerys/

also, Viserys would have had precedent over Jon Snow which makes sense. Dany's claim is solely because her brothers were killed.

makes sense
well, someone also thought about it - turns out eldest male bloodlines take precedent:

https://ew.com/tv/2019/04/14/game-of-thrones-jon-snow-iron-throne-daenerys/

also, Viserys would have had precedent over Jon Snow which makes sense. Dany's claim is solely because her brothers were killed.
makes sense what you theorize otherwise there would be an incestuous relationship on the Iron Throne much the same as Cercie and her brother

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Actually, I'm wrong - Jon Snow would have precedent over Viserys as well. Its all about the eldest male bloodline. Its just that Rhaegar's children were killed by King Robert, so Viserys claimed title.

What's funny is all 3 "heirs" from Cersei were with Jaime, not a King ;)

Steve Williams

So who’s going to live and who isn’t
Cersei dies and Jaime lives
Arya and Sansa live. Arya will have a part to play in this.
Snow lives which means Dany goes

I wonder what part Theon has to play in all of this

And finally is Tirion also a Targaryan

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Unfortunately, I don't think Arya and Dany are going to make it. Cersei is hard to say, but I'd guess she'll die.

Arya will probably die killing the Night King. Dany burnt by the Night King's dragon.

Reactions: Steve Williams

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
They clearly set up an Arya/Gentry path to the throne this episode, but I feel its a red herring.

My friend and I joked that a true RR Martin ending would have no one on the Iron Throne. LOL.

Steve Williams

Unfortunately, I don't think Arya and Dany are going to make it. Cersei is hard to say, but I'd guess she'll die.

Arya will probably die killing the Night King. Dany burnt by the Night King's dragon.

Like you I feel Arya will die doing something heroic

I agree about Dany and I think your thought as to how she dies is brilliant

Steve Williams

They clearly set up an Arya/Gentry path to the throne this episode, but I feel its a red herring.

My friend and I joked that a true RR Martin ending would have no one on the Iron Throne. LOL.

Well maybe she dies killing the Knight king with the weapon Gendry made her ;)

Reactions: KeithR

Macattack

VIP/Donor
Aug 21, 2014
SC Low country
...Dany's claim is solely because her brothers were killed.

And she has a huge army and two dragons... that’s a pretty solid basis for her claim.

Last edited:

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Loved the second episode - what the first should have been. Seemingly simple concept but extremely well executed and showed the various character differences and depth. Dany and Jon gonna have a conflict on the battlefield I predict.

The Battle of Winterfell is on! Sunday night can't come fast enough - strange to say that on a Friday.

Reactions: jeff1225

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing