G'day all. From Sunny Perth, Western Australia.

eso

Apr 2, 2019
Greetings, I've been a long time lurker on the forums. Perth has a healthy audio community, however tyranny of distance has negative influence on the prices we have to endure. Not only hifi but all commodities in general. We have family in Indianapolis who can't believe the cost of living here. All being said, It's a great place to live.
My current system is mainly Bakoon gear. Japanese product which I really enjoy. I'm always keen to experiment with other brands but always come back to the Bakoon. There's an opportunity to purchase a complete CH Precision front end. I'm just not sure if it will float my boat. Could be an expensive experiment....
I'll ask around the CH discussion forum area.
We're fortunate to have a great speaker builder in Perth. I have one of his 3 ways, using Accuton drivers and Raven ribbon.
I'll make an effort to post my system at some point. Just purchased a new rack so its rearranging all the gear time.
ciao Rob

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
Welcome to the forum Rob from a fellow Aussie audiophile :cool:.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Welcome to WBF, Rob!

Do you know the WBF member in Perth with Gryphon Pendragon speakers?

eso

Apr 2, 2019
Thanks for the warm welcome gents.
Ron, I know of the guy with the Pendragons. I haven't had a chance to listen to them unfortunately. It's definitely on my wish list. Perth has a healthy audiophile community considering the relatively small population.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing