Genesis 200 Feet

Puunda

Jun 7, 2018
Hi everyone,

I have a set of G200 which has been in storage for awhile. I set them up recently and noticed that the mid/tweeter towers lean forward.
Not by a lot, but certainly noticeable, and got me worried it could fall with enough vibrations.

They were previously on hard floors and now they are on carpet.

I've looked on the bottom and can only see some felt pads the previous owner put on the bottom. If there are any holes for spikes/feet, they are covered.
I've also tried looking for screws which hold the wings to the base, but unable to find any.

As I understand it, the Genesis II came with adjustable feet which goes in the front and is adjustable for this very reason.
I assume the same exist for the 200? If so, is it a part I can buy from Genesis? Or can I get some generic speaker feet?

Thanks

ACHiPo

Feb 22, 2015
Pleasanton, CA
Can't help you, but from the thread title I thought you had REALLY BIG Genesis speakers! ;)

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Hi everyone,

I have a set of G200 which has been in storage for awhile. I set them up recently and noticed that the mid/tweeter towers lean forward.
Not by a lot, but certainly noticeable, and got me worried it could fall with enough vibrations.

They were previously on hard floors and now they are on carpet.

I've looked on the bottom and can only see some felt pads the previous owner put on the bottom. If there are any holes for spikes/feet, they are covered.
I've also tried looking for screws which hold the wings to the base, but unable to find any.

As I understand it, the Genesis II came with adjustable feet which goes in the front and is adjustable for this very reason.
I assume the same exist for the 200? If so, is it a part I can buy from Genesis? Or can I get some generic speaker feet?

Thanks
As far as I know, the G200 did not come with feet or spikes. I have an "Acoustic Suspension" that was designed for the G2.2, but that is expensive and may not work with the G200 as they would require an insert in the bottom of the base. All of these designs are heavier in the front than the back, so if you have deep carpet, it makes sense that they would lean forward.

Some of my customers have has good results from various spikes and feet. Others put a large, heavy 1" thick aluminum sheet on the carpet, and then place the speakers on that aluminum.

Puunda

Jun 7, 2018
Seems strange why the GII has feet, then no feet for G200, then feet for G2.2.
At the moment I am using the speakers with a bit for a forward lean, but if feet are not an option, then I'll have to use them as they are.

ca1ore

Aug 31, 2010
Panels are front heavy, so they will forward lean on carpets. Easy enough to install a set of aftermarket spikes ..... that is what I did with both the panels and woofer columns on my 200/201. Also helps to keep any dampness out of the MDF base (mine are in a basement).

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Seems strange why the GII has feet, then no feet for G200, then feet for G2.2.
At the moment I am using the speakers with a bit for a forward lean, but if feet are not an option, then I'll have to use them as they are.
Most of the original Genesis Technologies speakers would have benefited from feet/spikes. Many, like ca1ore put after-market spikes on them.

So, when I started Genesis Advanced Technologies, I put a suspension system on all my designs so that customers won't have to guess which feet worked best for their speaker/floor combination.

Puunda

Jun 7, 2018
Panels are front heavy, so they will forward lean on carpets. Easy enough to install a set of aftermarket spikes ..... that is what I did with both the panels and woofer columns on my 200/201. Also helps to keep any dampness out of the MDF base (mine are in a basement).
Are there holes/threads on the base of the G200 for feet/spikes? Or did you need to drill and make holes?

ca1ore

Aug 31, 2010
Are there holes/threads on the base of the G200 for feet/spikes? Or did you need to drill and make holes?
I had to drill the holes. Seem to recall the base/plinth is MDF (though it could also be particle board). Either way. easy to drill and thick enough that you don't need to worry about going into the cabinet. Drill the hole, tap in the threaded 'grommet' and then screw in the spike. I used an older set of these Dayton spikes. I like them because you can adjust height in two ways. You just have to be careful when moving the speakers to not torque the spikes sideways otherwise you risk breaking the MDF. Latter is nice and inert, but can 'crumble' quite easily. Panels aren't that heavy fortunately. For the MUCH heavier woofer columns, I went with the 'outrigger' style spikes.

Search results for "spikes" (parts-express.com)

denidenial22

Jan 29, 2022
Supposedly, the G200 didn't accompany feet or spikes. I have an "Acoustic Suspension" that was intended for the G2.2, however that is costly and may not work with the G200 as they would require an addition in the lower part of the base. These plans are heavier in the front than the back, so assuming you have profound rug, it's a good idea that they would incline forward.

A portion of my clients have has great outcomes from different spikes and feet. Others put an enormous, weighty 1" thick aluminum sheet on the rug, and afterward put the speakers on that aluminum.

Search On google for Dremer the Info

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing