Genesis 300 issues

Nyle H

Nov 16, 2019
Hello wondering if someone can shed some light on an issue Iam having with my original pair of Genesis 300’s? The issue Iam having is once in a while when I power up the amplifier the system goes into full oscillation for some reason and I quickly power it down. I think I have narrowed it down to the audioquest speakon cables that came with the system. It did take the connectors off to have a peak to see if there where any loose connections but didn’t find any. Can I replace these cables myself with standard 4 conductor cable and keep the pin outs the same and will it work? Looks like the woofers are on pins 1+/- and the servo is on pins 2+/- any help with this would be greatly appreciated thanks

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
Nyle I would reach out to Gary Koh who posts on this forum, or via the Genesis website. He is super supportive of owners of legacy speakers :).

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com

Nyle H

Nov 16, 2019
Hi Nyle,

See here: https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/upgrading-the-servo-bass-cable.7154/

Since the servo-bass cable is inside the feedback loop, oscillation can and does occur. There is great risk of damage to your woofers and the servo-bass amplifier if you get the cable done wrong.
Hi Gary
Thanks for the info maybe I should just buy some new cables. I do really love these speakers and would hate to see them damaged due to a simple miss wiring of the servo

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Hi Gary
Thanks for the info maybe I should just buy some new cables. I do really love these speakers and would hate to see them damaged due to a simple miss wiring of the servo

Give us a call in the office - 206 762 8383 and we will get you taken care of.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing