Genesis & Gary at Capital Audio Fest - 2018

carolkoh

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Gary will be at the Capital Audio Fest this weekend with our dealers out there on the east coast, Hi-Fi Sales -- who will be showing the Genesis Maestros and debuting the VPI 40th anniversary turntable.

Genesis_CAF_2018.jpg

Keep your eye on this thread. I will update it with his photos and videos. :)

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
"The good lord willing and the creek don't rise" I will try to be there and bring live coverage from your room!

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I did make it Gary's room and met a fine gentleman. In retrospect perhaps I was to harsh in my comments about the sound. I was there early on the firs day when others were still dialing in the sound of their room. Holding Gary to he high standards that I do, which he usually meets, the sound was subpar. Maybe he just came in at the last minute. I do not know what the problem was.
He was showing the Genesis Maestro. His website describes the Maestro as BEAUTIFUL, ELEGAN,TAND PHYSICALLY UNOBTRUSIVE...ADIMINUTIVE GIANT.
It certainly is all that.
iIt was not his room . He had partnered with someone else.(hi-Fi Sales)

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
20181102_150027.jpg

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
It was great to finally meet you, Gregadd. And thank you for your impressions of the sound. We did the best we could with the partnering gear.

It wasn't my room, and walking into Capital Audiofest, that was the first time I had heard the gear. The amp that we were supposed to use was badly distorted, and so the back-up was a brand new 20W tube amp. You may also have been there after they were demo-ing the processor, and even with the "pass through", it still took the analog turntable through a ADC and a DAC. That's not a pass-through in my book......

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing