Goebel Divin Noblesse

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Would love to but I would need to sell both kidneys as I need about 8m of cable between my pre and power amps.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Ah that titbit of information is going to let the cat out of the bag....no it wasn't Kagura's or Aidas. My system has changed somewhat just a few days ago. Stay tuned...

Actually the Valhalla's weren't too bad paired with my AudioNote UK Ongaku, which is what they were paired with initially. With the Kondo they were okayish but Kondo is not as syrupy as AN UK. Now with my changed system Nordost was too much and Gobel is a MUCH better fit.

Can I conclude that you are reporting opinions on the cable with a completely different new system that you own since a few days ago? Not "nice" tubes or Aida's anymore?

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Can I conclude that you are reporting opinions on the cable with a completely different new system that you own since a few days ago? Not "nice" tubes or Aida's anymore?

Yes unfortunately that is the case. The valhallas stayed with me in the new system though so the comparison between the two is valid but would the difference have been the same through an Aida/Kagura system, I don't know.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Yes unfortunately that is the case. The valhallas stayed with me in the new system though so the comparison between the two is valid but would the difference have been the same through an Aida/Kagura system, I don't know.
I bought a 9m set of balanced interconnects, still have most of my kidneys, however having the whole cable system in place makes a huge difference and one with no excuses or weird happenings. I personally feel that a cable " system" makes sense and really allows you to understand and hear your system. Mixing cables can bring a wide variety of unknowns into a system

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
I bought a 9m set of balanced interconnects, still have most of my kidneys, however having the whole cable system in place makes a huge difference and one with no excuses or weird happenings. I personally feel that a cable " system" makes sense and really allows you to understand and hear your system. Mixing cables can bring a wide variety of unknowns into a system

Of course you are right. Now please rephrase your comments into wife language of no? more than 10 words;)

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Of course you are right. Now please rephrase your comments into wife language of no? more than 10 words;)
You are into audio and haven't learned how to do the audio two step with your wife? LOL
In fact I never had those issues with my wife and today I am single and have no interest in repeating the same errors of the past

Reactions: howiebrou

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
You are into audio and haven't learned how to do the audio two step with your wife? LOL
In fact I never had those issues with my wife and today I am single and have no interest in repeating the same errors of the past
I had a friend who hid new pieces of equipment in full view of his wife. His thinking was that nothing on display would raise suspicion and he was right for a few months... it was hilarious listening to the scheme and then seeing it action!

Reactions: bonzo75

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I had a friend who hid new pieces of equipment in full view of his wife. His thinking was that nothing on display would raise suspicion and he was right for a few months... it was hilarious listening to the scheme and then seeing it action!
its only wire....how would she know? I understand you bring in a pair of Noblesse its hard to lie about them LOL

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
You guys crack me up. More fearful of the wife than the debt manager.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Not with one of the Anaconda sized cables abound these days!
interconnects aren't anaconda sized they are just "normal" sized. Power cords and speaker wires are large for sure

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Errors in wife choosing or errors in cable choosing ;)

Reactions: howiebrou

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I am lucky that need only 1.5 mt from pre to amp and that my wife never enter in my room at the last floor of the house
I also clean my room

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
I am lucky that need only 1.5 mt from pre to amp and that my wife never enter in my room at the last floor of the house
I also clean my room
I guess I am to blame as I don't like my gear in the middle of my speakers.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Errors in wife choosing or errors in cable choosing ;)
I have totally enjoyed all the cables I have owned I cant say that about my relationships LMAO

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Good thing the offence sensitive PC bores on Twitter don't have any interest in our little corner on social media. Can you imagine how uppity they'd all become if they read these comments?

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
you mean like this? LOL

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
This guy needs to watch over his shldr. And not just for his ex.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing