Good for our Hobby and Good for our Industry!

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
On January 8th, I attended the opening of a unique high-end audio salon in Summerlin, Nevada, a suburb of Las Vegas. The name of the shop is AV Luxury Group. The store is the vision of Thomas Kiss, a seasoned developer and home entertainment entrepreneur, and his wife Ilona, who, among her many talents, is a professional interior designer.

AV-LG represents distinguished brands such as Magico, Raidho, Franco Serblin, Focal/Naim, Burmeister, B&W, Rel, Berkeley Audio, Aurender, Grimm Audio, Shunyata, and many more. For vinyl enthusiasts, the store also has on display a wide assortment of top-tier turntables and cartridges to compare.

What's most striking about the showroom is how perfectly displayed the equipment is against a backdrop of beautifully appointed walls, home furnishings, rugs, and even a $150,000 luxury kitchen! Thomas is a perfectionist, so I can assure you systems throughout the store all deliver top-flight sound.

The overwhelmingly positive response by those in attendance makes a statement there is a growth opportunity for high-end audio beautifully installed in the living spaces of fine homes. If someone wants Thomas to design an acoustically perfect room to house their system, AV-LG will do that too. Just plan on the room looking every bit as good as it sounds!

Attracting a broader audience to the joy of owning a tremendous high-end audio system with a store like Thomas's is good for the industry and good for us and therefore deserves our full support.

IMG_0189.jpeg IMG_0191.jpeg IMG_0194.jpeg IMG_0197.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0353.jpeg
    IMG_0353.jpeg
    310.9 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
Appears to be a well designed audio-dealer-in-a-home experience. As far as pushing the industry forward goes, not sure if I see it, but glad you enjoyed it!

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
Thanks, Solypsa!

As many of us know, high-end audio is a tough business to make money in, especially for smaller producers. In the US anyway, there is a shortage of well set up retail outlets where audio enthusiasts can discover and compare gear and get decent advice (another topic altogether). In the simplest terms it is good to see this level of investment in high-end audio showrooms indicating there is a broader market if presented in this manner in regional areas where people have sufficient disposable income to partake. More buyers IMO is always a good thing, creating more selection and more opportunities so we all benefit.

Reactions: Fred Crane

Tam Lin

Mar 20, 2011
North Texas
Looks like a man-cave moved to the living room with the equipment dominating the space to provide a stereo listening experience for one person.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
It’s a nice idea.

The other night we had a dinner party just like I remember my parents having in the 1960s. Cocktails and 60s music played on vinyl records in the living room before dinner. Then dinner down the hall in the dining room and then returning to the living room where we cooked s’mores in the fireplace for dessert all while Miles Davis and Stan Getz played music.

In our house music is sometimes a solitary experience, but it is also enjoyed with friends. And it is part of a lifestyle. I think this is the way it used to be.

1674247135221.jpeg

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
It’s a nice idea.

The other night we had a dinner party just like I remember my parents having in the 1960s. Cocktails and 60s music played on vinyl records in the living room before dinner. Then dinner down the hall in the dining room and then returning to the living room where we cooked s’mores in the fireplace for dessert all while Miles Davis and Stan Getz played music.

In our house music is sometimes a solitary experience, but it is also enjoyed with friends. And it is part of a lifestyle. I think this is the way it used to be.

View attachment 103259
It's a BEAUTIFUL ROOM Peter! And a great system as well!!!

Thomas 911

Dec 2, 2021
Germany
D
It’s a nice idea.

Dear Peter,

This is Art of living, ....fully in accordance with my aestetic demand.
I addore such style. Would spend hours , even the cheapest Radio would play.
Its perfect combination of money and style. Chapeau!

Remember me somehow of a good old time wih values.

Was smiling, reading the choice for dessert........Miles Davis and Gez,...fits perfect, not to sweet neither demanding.

Best regards
Thomas

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
It’s a nice idea.

View attachment 103259
Everything in the room blend in naturally and beautifully Peter. I would send you this brass elephant as gift to decorate your listening room if you were notso far away. It suits your room.

D72FB564-67F9-448B-879E-46FD26048901.jpeg

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
It’s a nice idea.

View attachment 103259
Bravo Peter… sharing music is one of the great joys of this hobby, and doing so in a warm welcoming space that doesn’t scream RECORDING STUDIO has been one of my goals too. I am not a cigar smoker, nor single malt kind of guy, but that seems appropriate in your room. Well done!

Reactions: Rhapsody and PeterA

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Everything in the room blend in naturally and beautifully Peter. I would send you this brass elephant as gift to decorate your listening room if you were notso far away. It suits your room.

If I recall, he did have a wonderful brass diving helmut in his living room. That oliphant is cool!

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA

View attachment 103270

Tango, I appreciate the sentiment. That elephant is beautiful. My wife and I have a collection of elephants in our dining, kind of a theme.

I wish the dealer in the OP luck with his new business venture. It’s nice to see someone attempting to better integrate modern audio systems and with a lifestyle and the rest of the house for family members and guests to enjoy.

@MadFloyd has an open plan layout on the main floor of his house and his audio system is just off the kitchen. He enjoys sharing the system with people who visit and I think he often listens to it when he and his wife are cooking in the kitchen. It seems integrated into his lifestyle.

Reactions: Bobvin

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing