Got Covid in the house

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I had not intended to post this, but if it helps one person take this serious it is worth it. Our house was infected with covid 19 by a close family member who refused to take it seriously. I suspect he knew he had been taken to the emergency room the night before. The entire house was infected save one. Two hospitalizations resulted. Not me.my vaccinated sister had gone to California. Although it is likely she was exposed but did not get it. My oxygen had dipped to 94. Because I am High risk I was treated with Regeneron™ and sent home.
I am vaccinated with J&J. One person has delayed vaccination. She is a right wing conservative.
Please if you have not been vaccinated,
where your mask and wash your hands. You know what its worse than wearing a mask? Infecting others or death.
Currently I am fine.

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
I had not intended to post this, but if it helps one person take this serious it is worth it. Our house was infected with covid 19 by a close family member who refused to take it seriously. I suspect he knew he had been taken to the emergency room the night before. The entire house was infected save one. Two hospitalizations resulted. Not me.my vaccinated sister had gone to California. Although it is likely she was exposed but did not get it. My oxygen had dipped to 94. Because I am High risk I was treated with Regeneron™ and sent home.
I am vaccinated with J&J. One person has delayed vaccination. She is a right wing conservative.
where your mask and wash your hands. You know what its worse than wearing a mask? Infecting others or death.
Currently I am fine.
Personally I completely disagree with the CDC's recommendation that vaccinated persons don't need to wear a mask anymore. Glad to hear you are now fine.

Reactions: pcosta and bonzo75

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
You know what its worse than wearing a mask? Infecting others or death.

Yes, it's called personal responsibility, for yourself and for others.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Currently I am fine.

Glad you are fine!

Mikem53

Oct 1, 2020
Currently I am fine.
Good to hear you’re doing well now Greg..

Mikem53

Oct 1, 2020
Thanks to everyone who has responded with concern and kind words ! My wife is doing very well And feels mostly like herself again.. So far I seem to be in the clear and hope to keep it that way.
Stay safe and Be Well !

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Thanks to everyone who has responded with concern and kind words ! My wife is doing very well And feels mostly like herself again.. So far I seem to be in the clear and hope to keep it that way.
Stay safe and Be Well !
I wish you and your wife are totally out of this situation real soon. Then reward yourself buy a new gear to celebrate.:D

Mikem53

Oct 1, 2020
I wish you and your wife are totally out of this situation real soon. Then reward yourself buy a new gear to celebrate.:D
LOl..Thank you .. Great advice..

Lampie519

Mar 14, 2021
Hoofddorp, Holland
Everyone who has not yet been vaccinated or has antibodies will get infected sooner or later, the wearing of the masks , while important, does not prevent the spread of the virus, but will slow the spreading down which is very important as we can see in the overcrowded hospitals. Many people do not realize the importance of not spreading the virus as they do not get seriosly ill but can cause mutations of this virus and then we are back to zero...
Please correct me if i am wrong.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Everyone who has not yet been vaccinated or has antibodies will get infected sooner or later, the wearing of the masks , while important, does not prevent the spread of the virus, but will slow the spreading down which is very important as we can see in the overcrowded hospitals. Many people do not realize the importance of not spreading the virus as they do not get seriosly ill but can cause mutations of this virus and then we are back to zero...
Please correct me if i am wrong.

Fortunately two key vaccines also protect against the dominant variant from India:

At some point there may be a variant that breaks through vaccine protection, but fortunately we are not there yet. Provoking the potential problem though certainly doesn't help.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing