Greetings from New Delhi,India

Sunnyboy1956

Member Sponsor
Feb 22, 2014
New Delhi, India
I need to start with a mild apology. Started posting without first introducing myself. That was remiss of me. Have several friends /acquaintances on WBF from other sites . Am at the pinnacle of a 40 year audio journey : 150 wpc SET mono bloc amps, CJ GAT, Rockport Aviors in a all tube and predominantly vinyl system in a dedicated basement listening room.
The great thing about our hobby is the friends and like minded enthusiasts I have got know and meet across the globe
Cheers
Pradeep

Last edited:

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Would those 'blocks happen to be Wavacs Pradeep? :)

Sunnyboy1956

Member Sponsor
Feb 22, 2014
New Delhi, India
Yes Sire:D

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Awesome :) My brother has a pair of V2s as well. I call the 833s Edward in hopes that someday they will be my wards. LOL!

Sunnyboy1956

Member Sponsor
Feb 22, 2014
New Delhi, India
Jack
V2s or Mk 2s ? The latter are expensive. I have the cheap sibling;)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
V2s are the single chassis per channel affairs right? Jim has those. :)

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I need to start with a mild apology. Started posting without first introducing myself. That was remiss of me. Have several friends /acquaintances on WBF from other sites . Am at the pinnacle of a 40 year audio journey : 150 wpc SET mono bloc amps, CJ GAT, Rockport Aviors in a all tube and predominantly vinyl system in a dedicated basement listening room.
The great thing about our hobby is the friends and like minded enthusiasts I have got know and meet across the globe
Cheers
Pradeep

Welcome aboard!!!

Myles

Sunnyboy1956

Member Sponsor
Feb 22, 2014
New Delhi, India
Jack
Congrats to brother Jim. The V2s are a new iteration of the Mk 1.3s, both single chassis. FWIW the serial no. on my amps is 001 and 002. The V2s made their debut at T.H.E last month
Cheers
Pradeep

Sunnyboy1956

Member Sponsor
Feb 22, 2014
New Delhi, India
Myles
Many thanks for the welcome. Delighted to be here.
Apparently you didn't like my Wavac amps at T.H.E.:mad:
Cheers
Pradeep

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Myles
Many thanks for the welcome. Delighted to be here.
Apparently you didn't like my Wavac amps at T.H.E.:mad:
Cheers
Pradeep

Not this year :) 'Course we know speaker matching is important for the WAVACs.

Other years though and we did have the amps on the cover of Ultimate Audio many years ago. My favorite cover shot BTW :)

First time I heard them was back in the '90s at CES driving a pair of JBL speakers. Yes, JBLs, but a model that was never exported from Japan. Sound blew my mind. Never heard JBLs sound that good ever.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Not this year :) 'Course we know speaker matching is important for the WAVACs.

Other years though and we did have the amps on the cover of Ultimate Audio many years ago. My favorite cover shot BTW :)

First time I heard them was back in the '90s at CES driving a pair of JBL speakers. Yes, JBLs, but a model that was never exported from Japan. Sound blew my mind. Never heard JBLs sound that good ever.

Wait! Stop the Press! Myles liked a pair of JBL speakers!

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Wait! Stop the Press! Myles liked a pair of JBL speakers!

And it was curious that it was never exported from Japan. Guess they knew when they had a good thing and weren't going to let it out. :)

Sunnyboy1956

Member Sponsor
Feb 22, 2014
New Delhi, India
Myles
A little curious. Albert Porter in his all too brief comments on the Wavac set up at T.H.E was pretty pleased.
Anyway, the results I am getting in my set up are pretty stunning compared to the CJ LP 70S pp. :D

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
And it was curious that it was never exported from Japan. Guess they knew when they had a good thing and weren't going to let it out. :)

The top JBL models still target at audiophile markets. They even use small batteries in the crossovers to bias the crossover film capacitors, an old recipe from Japanese hard core audiophiles!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing