Greg Kihn Band

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
Interesting experience today. We had our carpets cleaned by a new company, Larry's Extreme Clean. They received excellent reviews for quality and price in the SF Bay Area. The owner Larry Lynch does all the work himself. When Larry was about finished he had seen my hifi system and record and tape collection. He mentioned that we had something in common besides our first names. He said we both liked music. I asked him about it. He said he played in a band. I asked what band. He said the Greg Kihn Band. He was the drummer for the band for the first ten years of its existence, from 1976 to 1986. I said I had one of their albums. I went to my record collection and went to the Absolute Sound Super Disc section, to the singles and pulled out "Jeopardy" in its 45 rpm singles version from the Greg Kihnspiracy Band album. His eyes lit up and I had him autograph the album. He said it was their big hit. I looked it up and it hit number 2 in May 1983 in the Billboard top 100 (number one was Michael Jackson's 'Beat It'.) Larry still performs locally, but started his carpet cleaning business about 15 years ago. If you are in the East Bay, you can have Larry clean your carpets and talk about being in a pretty famous rock band, at least one that Harry Pearson liked.

Larry

Reactions: christoph

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
I have a couple of their records. They are pretty good. I guess not all artists with hits wind up mining gold forever.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing