GrooveMaster II Tonearms

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
Easy VTA is a good one (and can be bought on Ebay), I do use it for all JELCO compatible products, like the Audioquest Tonearm.

IMG_2541.jpg IMG_2542.jpg

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
Sep 2, 2019
I am trying to decide between a 12" Groovemaster, Schick or Bokrand for my 301 project.. to use with EMT and SPUs. I know some friends here own at least 2 of the 3. I am leaning towards the Groovemaster for their after sales service and ease of adjustment.

I know comparing tonearms is a massive PITA but anyone have any comments on how these arms stack up sonically?

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
Are you in a position to compare? I have some opinions, but planning an actual shootout would be educational and include your own personal preferences.

Armboard prep for the GM and Schick is similar...

Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
I am trying to decide between a 12" Groovemaster, Schick or Bokrand for my 301 project.. to use with EMT and SPUs. I know some friends here own at least 2 of the 3. I am leaning towards the Groovemaster for their after sales service and ease of adjustment.

I know comparing tonearms is a massive PITA but anyone have any comments on how these arms stack up sonically?
Theyre both easy enough to operate, but Ortofon lift is shitty so I bought FR lift from Audiosilente..dropin replacement with 14mm dia...
Easy VTA for Groovemaster can also be used for Bokrand with a thin sheet of something as "spacer"to fill 0,4-5 mm dia diff

defride

Mar 28, 2013
Also take a look at the Timestep arm. Same DNA as the Groovemaster, they're made by the same OEM manufacturer but there are differences, can't remember think it's the anti-skate

Sep 2, 2019
I decided to go for the Bokrand arm. As far as gimbal designs go it appears much better value for money than the other two. Very disturbing reports of poor QC by Schick as well

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high-end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing