GrooveMaster II Tonearms

nemu

Jun 25, 2018
As an Ortofon SPU addict, you are in the need for a heavy tonearm. Widley known ist the popular 12'' Schick Tonarm, at least here in Germany. Looking for an equally priced alternative I would like to recommend the 12'' GroveMaster II produced by Audio Creative in Netherlands. The build quality ist great and soundwise it is a perfect match to a Ortofon SPU.

I allready own two Groovemaster II (with optional titanium tube and silver wire) running my Ortofon SPU Classic GM E MKII and Ortofon SPU Mono CG 25 Di MkII. The second GrooveMaster replaced my Schick Tonarm I used before. Both tonarms are installed on my turntable Dr. Feickert Firebird.

Her are some pictures to look at:

GrovemasterII-10.jpg
Picture 1: Turntable Dr. Feickert Firebird with 12'' GrooveMaster II tonearms and SPUs

GrovemasterII-15.jpg
Picture 2: Frontview

GrovemasterII-12.jpg
Picture 3: Tonearm GrooveMaster II in action

GrovemasterII-16.jpg
Picture 4: Housing containing the bearings and counter weight

GrovemasterII-17.jpg
Picture 5: Magnetic antiskating device

GrovemasterII-18.jpg
Pictute 6: Tonearmlift

GroovemasterII-1.jpg
Picture 7: Tonearm comes well packed

GroovemasterII-2.jpg
Picture 8: Content of the parcel

Have fun!
Stephan

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
hi
glad you´re happy
have one GM Ti on my way now...incl ebony headshell and sliding base
only thing it misses is an on the fly VTA feature...
will be mounted on a Garrard 301, possibly Garrardzilla project if promising enough
best
Leif

nemu

Jun 25, 2018
Hello Leif!

You surely will have fun with the Groovemaster you orderd. With wich cartridge will you use it?

Best Wishes
Stephan

Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
hello folks
first I´d like to comment on superb service and follow up from Marco Bouwer at Audio Creative in NL
I have now been playing with the Groovemaster Titanium 12" and Rowland Complement on my Garrard 301 for two days and I´m very pleased both with the looks, the feel and the sound of the arm.
The lift is perhaps the best I´ve used apart from the remotecontrolled Airtangent ref.Extemely presise and controlled action.
The setup tools ar very good and the dimple on top of the bearing house is a stroke of genious to get it all correctly aligned .
I chose to use the option SME slide base and this simplifies things of course
Next cartridge to be tested, is a Lumiere DST, a Japaneese derivative/clone of the unobtainum holy grail cartridge Neumann DST 62.
Its a seriuous generator and will sure put the Groovemaster to the ultimate test.
to be continued
best
Leif

20190120_161944.jpg

Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
Great news for Groovemaster owners, present or future; Easy VTA is coming for this great arm, which´ll make it even greater
expected launch in a few weeks...

djsina2

May 30, 2019
Any additional comments on the Groovemaster or Ikeda 407? I need an arm specifically for an SPU.

djsina2

May 30, 2019
Easy VTA is available now on their web store. He only has a small quantity available until Feb 2020.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
In February I will buy this tonearm to put on Schopper TD 124 to use with my 6 SPU
I listen in one shop and for his price is a fantastic tonearm

Reactions: Audiophile Bill

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
In February I will buy this tonearm to put on Schopper TD 124 to use with my 6 SPU
I listen in one shop and for his price is a fantastic tonearm

I fancy putting one of these on a vintage idler too. Looks just what I am after and very reasonably priced. What would you say is its sonic signature, Gian?

djsina2

May 30, 2019
Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
congrats, enjoy
I think it´s a very well made no BS arm
My Garradzilla will probably be up by next week and it will be in operation again...

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
my Groovemaster 12" with easyVTA with Rowland Complement on my shot at Garrardzilla
in the background left is Alfred Bokrand Ortofon 309 banana for EMT TSD15 and TMD25
plinth is custom slate for dual 12s and symmetrical 301 position from Shaun Daniels at PeakHifi in UK

View attachment 61518
Looks like you upgraded your 301 with additional platter and I assume bearing parts too in addition to a new plinth. If you can please expand on different qualities of each plinth.

david

Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
Hi
I've installed a 13,5 kg bronze platter and custom grease bearing.
Also bought HAT regen/psu from Hanzehifi in Zwolle, Nederlands
Enormous difference in dynamics and drama

Reactions: jeff1225 and ddk

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing