GrooveMaster II Tonearms

Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
I have both arms too.....but FR not mounted....Groovemaster Ti stays
I have a silver FR64fx with B60 replica medium counterweight and orig cable if anyone interested
no headshell
NO box
PM if interested

Reactions: bonzo75
Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
latest newsletter from Audiocreative reg VTA base
NEW! GrooveMaster II VTA Lifter
Now something special. We have developed a high quality VTA lifter. With this lift the VTA of the GrooveMaster can be set 'on the fly'. The VTA lift is made of high grade stainless steel and brass which creates high mass and minimizes resonances. Very unique is the fixation of the GrooveMaster by means of a collet. This ensures a precise and play-free fastening. Of course this VTA lifter will fit on existing GrooveMaster tonearms as well. The collar will fit Jelco mounting configuration as well. More information and specs will follow soon.

Attachments

• Groovemaster VTA base.jpg
    Groovemaster VTA base.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 32
  • VTA base 2.jpg
    VTA base 2.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 31

daytona600

Sep 9, 2012
scotland
Friend recently fitted a Groovemaster to his SL10R & very impressed with the sound indeed

Direct Drive

Sep 16, 2020
East Anglia, UK
Very unique is the fixation of the GrooveMaster by means of a collet

I suppose it might be unique in the marketplace today, but the design and idea of a collet was used in on the L-07d tonearm by Kenwood/Trio. Design from the 1970s.

Regards
Gerard

Birdwatcher

May 29, 2018
EU
I have a GM2 12“ for SPU A cartridges, as i use different of these short Ortofons.
This is a fantastic match, good adjustability for azimuth and antiscating. The GM2 has one of the best and really firm SME bayonet and holds the cartridges excellent. I like it really!

But how good is this arm in direct comparison? How good is a Glanz MH124, a Kuzma 14“ 4Point in a/b comparison, even if these tonearms are more expensive.

And: any news on the nice VTA adjustment device, that adds a lot of mass to the base, that can further improve the sound quality.

Shuggie

Sep 9, 2020
UK
ammonite-audio.co.uk
I have a GM2 12“ for SPU A cartridges, as i use different of these short Ortofons.
This is a fantastic match, good adjustability for azimuth and antiscating. The GM2 has one of the best and really firm SME bayonet and holds the cartridges excellent. I like it really!

But how good is this arm in direct comparison? How good is a Glanz MH124, a Kuzma 14“ 4Point in a/b comparison, even if these tonearms are more expensive.

And: any news on the nice VTA adjustment device, that adds a lot of mass to the base, that can further improve the sound quality.

The latest GrooveMaster arms have an improved headshell collet that's even better. I'm lucky to have both GrooveMaster and Glanz MH-94S tonearms to hand - they are very different beasts in terms of effective mass, which has to be respected, but given the right low compliance cartridge such as a Miyajima, the Glanz is much better, as you'd expect it to be given the price difference. The Glanz remains the finest arm that I've heard, and used.

The new GrooveMaster VTA mount might be available in the early part of next year, and the price is €795. Not cheap, but it does look to be properly engineered

Reactions: shakti
Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
almost like a used B60 clone!
MB told me they were getting the first last week and if all was as specified I´d get one for x-mas.....guess it wasn´t....

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
The latest GrooveMaster arms have an improved headshell collet that's even better. I'm lucky to have both GrooveMaster and Glanz MH-94S tonearms to hand - they are very different beasts in terms of effective mass,
Are they so different in effective mass? I know Glanz doesn't publish e.m. but what I have read would put these arms closer than not. Love to learn more...

Shuggie

Sep 9, 2020
UK
ammonite-audio.co.uk
Are they so different in effective mass? I know Glanz doesn't publish e.m. but what I have read would put these arms closer than not. Love to learn more...
Yes. According to Audio Creative GrooveMasters are around 22g effective mass, depending on the version, and Glanz arms are at least 30g. One day I'll get around to measuring the Glanz MH-94S to get a definitive figure, but it's definitely a true high mass arm.

Reactions: shakti

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing