Gryphon Apex & Commander

John T

Feb 15, 2022
Ashsddger: Thanks for the heads up...Different animal than DART.....

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Just came across this first review of the Apex amp.

Also read on Stereophile website that Michael Fremer is reviewing the Apex stereo and Commander. Commander review is supposed to be scheduled for July issue and Apex sometime later.
I guess Apex monos are out of the question until Fremer finds a bigger house or a 2 car garage !:eek:

Bobalob

Mar 25, 2011
Just came across this first review of the Apex amp.

Also read on Stereophile website that Michael Fremer is reviewing the Apex stereo and Commander. Commander review is supposed to be scheduled for July issue and Apex sometime later.
Thanks for sharing that. I'm a little surprised at the choice of front end . Is streaming that good nowadays to show what the Apex is capable of ?

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
This Apex name by the gryphon was justifiable to my ears , based on what i heard in munich .
Could well be the best solid state i ve ever heard together with the Halcro Eclipse
R KODA makes the top 3 complete

Reactions: Young Skywalker

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

HenryD

Aug 29, 2020
From JA conclusion:
"Presumably, the left channel's higher levels of distortion and noise and its higher output impedance than the right channel's are sample-specific."
What does it mean??

LarryK

Jan 27, 2018
From JA conclusion:
"Presumably, the left channel's higher levels of distortion and noise and its higher output impedance than the right channel's are sample-specific."
What does it mean??

I think he means that that the left channel’s noise and distortion comes from the microphone, and other parts of the signal chain, that was used to record the left channel.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing