Gryphon cone footers

Davidz

Dec 12, 2016
Hi I was wondering if anybody in this group has any experience with the Gryphon cones as upgrades for the stock footers. I noticed they have a couple of kinds advertised on their site. I know from experience with the Maple Shade brass footers on other gear that they can make a huge difference. Thanks . David

Down Under

Jun 26, 2014
Huge difference on the Gryphon Pantheon speakers.
Should come as standard equipment.

Bobalob

Mar 25, 2011
Is that the Black Spike ST ? What sort of floor or covering do you have ? Can you say what difference the footers have made ? Many thanks in advance

Down Under

Jun 26, 2014
Is that the Black Spike ST ? What sort of floor or covering do you have ? Can you say what difference the footers have made ? Many thanks in advance
Yes it is the Black Spike ST which in my room is mounted onto a carpeted floor.
They make a considerable difference to bass clarity.The soundstage delineation is significantly improved with better depth.I also feel that midrange clarity has improved.There is less smear.
The change is not subtle.
Hope this helps.

Bobalob

Mar 25, 2011
Yes it is the Black Spike ST which in my room is mounted onto a carpeted floor.
They make a considerable difference to bass clarity.The soundstage delineation is significantly improved with better depth.I also feel that midrange clarity has improved.There is less smear.
The change is not subtle.
Hope this helps.
Yes very helpful thanks - I couldn't find anything out there about the differences they made. So with the Pantheons do you unscrew the flat footers that came with them and replace them with the spikes ? I would need 2 sets Did you get a chance to compare with the Atlas spikes ?

Down Under

Jun 26, 2014
Yes,unscrew the flat footers and replace them with the spikes.
The Atlas spikes were unavailable at the time of purchase,but may well be better again.
How long have you had your Pantheons?
Interested in your room placement as well.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing