Gryphon Diablo vs Accuphase.

EugeniyDomashets

Mar 27, 2018
Have a chance to buy, but cant listen to it before.

Also i have listen to accu e550 integrated, and not so much like it. Sound of accu is harsh on highs and soundstage is not great t all, also it have a little power reserves.

How is Gryphon Diablo in comparasion, i heard ppls say's its on dark side and analytical, not musical.

Can you help to decide which is best.

GSOphile

Sep 3, 2017
The Gryphon Diablo is the original Diablo. It was superseded by the Diablo 300, which I've had for about a year. This integrated has had many positive reviews. The warm side of neutral yes; analytical no. Powerful, dynamic with a nice sense of ease. Really happy with mine.

Tecknik1

May 29, 2017
HCM VietNam
I have never heard Accuphase sounding harsh on the highs, or have heard anyone else use that term in describing Accuphase sound. I think the E650 would be a fairer comparison . Have not heard the Diablo unfortunately.

GSOphile

Sep 3, 2017
Eugeniy, are you wanting to compare a used Diablo (original version, which I have not heard) with a used E550? Or are you wanting to compare current line models?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing