Harbeth Monitor 40.2

Genkifd

Apr 20, 2019
Even the cornwalls the bass was good but not great.

Genkifd

Apr 20, 2019
to me it needs to reach around 30hz as well.

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
Here are two more pictures of my current listening room showing the missing view of the other rear side of the room, plus the view of the ceiling. I could only attach five photos to my original post.

The ceiling photo is looking up at the ceiling from behind my listening seat. It shows two 2-foot by 2-foot sections of 4"-thick Sonex balanced atop the fan blades. These pieces of Sonex were placed so as to absorb the ceiling reflection of the speakers as seen from the listening position.

I obviously can't use the fan like this. I had every intention of permanently attaching the Sonex to the ceiling, but this arrangement worked so well sonically, and stapling that Sonex to the ceiling while holding it above my head and avoiding the fan blades seems like such a daunting task, that for now I've decided to leave it just like it is and forego use of the fan. The several inches between the back side of the Sonex and the ceiling surface may actually make the Sonex more effective in terms of absorption at lower frequencies.

View attachment 39873
Very nice.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing