Headshell for Dynavector 507 Mk2

Walnut Horns

May 11, 2015
I am seeking recommendations for a replacement headshell for use with a Dynavector XV1-t and 507 Mk2 that has excellent SQ and long headshell slots to provide greater flexibility for mounting the cartridge to the headshell. Thanks.

daytona600

Sep 9, 2012
scotland
Arche acoustical systems

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
+ Arche

The Schick headshell is really nice too.

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Had great luck with the Yamamoto Carbon Fiber headshell with the XV-1S

Halcro

Dec 25, 2012
Had great luck with the Yamamoto Carbon Fiber headshell with the XV-1S
The Yamamoto HS-4 Carbon Fiber is superb.
The Ortofon L-8000 Wood and Yamamoto HS-1 Ebony are also excellent.
In fact almost any decent headshell is better than the included Dyna one which has abysmal cartridge leads to boot.
The included Dyna phono cable is also a ‘dog’....

Walnut Horns

May 11, 2015
Thank you for the suggestions. I plan to order a Yamamoto HS-4 for both my XV1-t and XV1-s mono.

Henry, is there a reasonable priced phono cable you recommend as a replacement to the the stock Dynavector cable?

Thanks again.

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
I was setting up a Schick arm recently and wanted to use the Ortofon L 8000 but (in this case, with the Sensitive Sound cart) the slots did not allow enough forward movement. Just wanted to mention it since OP included this factor.

Walnut Horns

May 11, 2015
Good point Erik. According to Mockingbird Distributions website, the mounting slots of the HS-1A are extra-long. I have sent a message inquiring whether they're longer than the HS-4. That will help me with my decision.

Halcro

Dec 25, 2012
I was setting up a Schick arm recently and wanted to use the Ortofon L 8000 but (in this case, with the Sensitive Sound cart) the slots did not allow enough forward movement. Just wanted to mention it since OP included this factor.
That's strange because I have all three headshells (HS-1A, HS-4 and L8000) set-up and used on the DV-507/II without a problem. Agreed that the DV-507/II uses Stevenson geometry which puts the cartridge quite forward in the headshell....but the mentioned headshells are all fine in that respect.

Incidentally....the slots in the Yamamoto HS-1s and HS-4 are similar in length :)

All of my 7 phono cables are Cardas Golden Reference which seems to have the lowest Capacitance/Ft value of any cable I looked up......and for me that's an important consideration when I have longer lengths for three of my arms.
I don't know if Cardas still makes Golden Reference or whether Cardas Clear has supplanted it....but the construction and 'sound' of these cables are superb IMO.

Good luck...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing