Heart arithmetic at times

Pokey77

Feb 16, 2022
Hi Al,
I just had my annual physical in January where my doctor said I had arrythmia. My GP then sent me to see a cardiologist and he said that I don't have arrythmia but just a few "extra signals" and didn't seem that worried about it. I've been taking Metoprolol Tartrate and Zarelto to get my heart back to normal sinus rhythm as prescribed by my GP. When I visited the GP doc last week, he said my heartbeat is mostly back to normal. I have three further appointments scheduled, one for follow-up with GP and two with the cardiologist for echocardiogram and then follow-up.

I have not really noticed much as concerns my heart, but do occasionally, and probably more so since the doc diagnosed the condition and heightened my awareness. I am hoping this will all work itself out, but who knows. We can keep each other in our thoughts and prayers for now. Get well my friend.

Reactions: Alrainbow

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Reactions: Alrainbow

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
life for me is tough. I swing from i don’t care at all to being very much trying to fix and be aware.
ill be done in a few days caring with a new 1k apple
Watch hahahaha.

GroovySauce

Nov 9, 2020
I'm not saying this as a remedy, it's something that many people I've share it with have found benefits.

Please check with your doctor if this is okay.

It's nothing fancy just sitting or laying down and intentionally taking deep slow breaths.

Recommended doing with eyes closed.

Imagine pulling air down into your pelvis (obviously this isn't really happening it's to help get the muscles to activate) the air will slowly fill from the bottom up. Your torso will start expanding, your chest will puff out and then your head will fill in fresh oxygen. Then slowly release all the air relaxing into the chair or bed. repeat 10 times.

Both in breath and out breath should be smooth with no strain. It's common at first if muscles are jerking a little bit and the breath isn't smooth.

Once you get comfortable with that you can do a very short hold at the top and bottom of your breath.

You can then move onto box breathing.

Box breathing is proven to move us from the sympathetic nervous system to the parasympathetic nervous system. Meaning from fight or flight to relaxed. Often we are walking around with low level stress we are unaware of, this process can get rid of it.

If you are going to do a 6 count it would work like this.

Slowly inhale for a 6 seconds, hold for 6 seconds, exhale for 6 seconds, pause for 6 seconds. that's 1 cycle do 6 cycles.

Think of tracing the 4 sides of a box for each step.

The timing of this one can be tricky to get the hang of. Many people teach at 4 seconds I was taught at 7. I've found that doing too short an interval at first doesn't do anyone any favors. Starting a little too long, having a small struggle, droping the count a second and trying again until completion offers positive results a vast majority of the time.

My mom has a leaky valve in her heart and she finds breath work to help when she isn't feeling 100%

Check with you doctor as breath work can stress your heart.

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
A partial update
Had a heart monitor on for 5 days
Sent to cardio dr , he called me and said I’m fine. he said basically my heart is never out of sinus rhythm meaning no abnormal beats. But he did see sudden changes in heart rate this is what I feel and he hears. It does not happen on rise only slowing down.
the thumping is the fast change downward that causes my heart to beat fast and then slow down fast. Like hitting the gas peddle and then letting up quickly.
he observed me at the gym running and said I push too hard at times
No more fast changes in speed steady and slowly increases up is best for me. stopping as well but slowing down is always better.
blood is all ok
had a few tests to see my aorta at my heart and descending all normal range
at my aorta a tiny amount of calcification was shown tiny key words
Chest X-ray and cat scan normal but I do have two calcium masses in my left lung again no need to remove or do a sample. I asked why answer seemed odd. it’s a hard lump small and not alive per day meaning cold. im
Totally confused at this and my brother had his right lung center Lob removed for one mass after it was sampled.
next up is a cat scan with contrast for my heart blood flow.
a new sleep study been ten years
also pulmonary test
I’m on a diet down 12 pounds now
Cardio dr says I’m way too heavy and this puts a strain on my heart and total vascular system not good to be honest he said. Just cause you seem ok so far does not mean pushing your body so hard can still cause big issues
and yes I still smoke cigars at times and do drink a few at bed time lol.
my view on life is live not wait for the end it finds us always.
I went to thank all for replies and the chest pulses have greatly slowed in events. Why who knows but might be a lost some pounds. I’m loosing weight by eating two meals a day so partial fasting
I am a hypo glycemic, so no sugar at breakfast for me.
After breakfast I eat at 4 pm and done
feel fine so far.

Pokey77

Feb 16, 2022
@Alrainbow

Hey Al, just checking in to see how you are doing. -I visited my doctor yesterday and after a checkup, he said my atrial fibrillation had resolved. So apparently the medication he prescribed did the job; I go to see my cardiologist next week and hopefully he has good news as well. Hope you are feeling much better now. Regards

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
So I have completed many tests now.
my heart does not have non sinus rhythm or the variants a dr looks for.
at the end alcohol as I drink it is not normal
1 to 2 shots at a time and at times again soon after can cause this.
oddly I don’t get drunk just relaxed weird
The chest jumping has gone away for the most part.
my aorta and vessels around my heart and lugs are clear except for a tiny calcification 1-3 % at where aorta branches off as it descends
what is confusing me is all of my life I’ve ate bad foods and yes did work out.
Can it be genetics that has allowed me to be this way ? With all I’ve read genetics is never a saving factor lol. Help me understand please.
thanks in advance and then breathing works like meditation in a way thanks

Reactions: Scott Naylor

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing