Hello from Germany,

RalfAM

Industry Expert
Oct 14, 2022
Hello,
I am Ralf from Lichtenfels. A small town two hours north of Munich.
I am very much looking forward to participate in the forum.
I was born in 1970. Since 1987 I am working in development departments and have a university degree in mechanical engineering. I am the developer of "Ars Machinae". And therefore I am especially looking forward to talk with you about turntables.

Best regards,
Ralf Wölfel
www.arsmachinae.com

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Welcome to WBF, Ralf!

davidavdavid

Jun 30, 2014
Columbus, Ohio, USA
david.com
Allo Ralf, so hieß auch mein Vater. Willkommen im Forum. Wenn sich mein Deutsch komisch anhört/liest, liegt das daran, dass mein Tabakladen zerkratzt ist. :) Herzlich willkommen im What's Best Forum und dies wird das letzte bisschen Deutsch von mir sein.

Please do share information with us all about your turntables and related accessories.

Reactions: RalfAM

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Allo Ralf, so hieß auch mein Vater. Willkommen im Forum. Wenn sich mein Deutsch komisch anhört/liest, liegt das daran, dass mein Tabakladen zerkratzt ist. :) Herzlich willkommen im What's Best Forum und dies wird das letzte bisschen Deutsch von mir sein.

Please do share information with us all about your turntables and related accessories.
welcome Ralf...Im hoping to hear your new turntable very soon

Screen Shot 2022-10-14 at 6.51.03 AM.png

RalfAM

Industry Expert
Oct 14, 2022

Hallo David,
Das war perfektes Deutsch. Nicht der kleinste Fehler. Wirklich beeindruckend.
For everyone else: That was perfect German. Not the slightest mistake. Really impressive.

davidavdavid

Jun 30, 2014
Columbus, Ohio, USA
david.com
Hallo David,
Das war perfektes Deutsch. Nicht der kleinste Fehler. Wirklich beeindruckend.
For everyone else: That was perfect German. Not the slightest mistake. Really impressive.
Great to have you here. I believe in warm welcomes, especially for those from afar. I'll continue/persevere in English, WBF is pretty cool, not so easy going at times as folks can get really invested and protective of their favored brands/gear on the day. Perspectives and outlooks are moving targets indeed. As you wade into threads and discussions you might want to opt for a crash helmet. Think of it as the autobahn and there's only ONE lane. :)

RalfAM

Industry Expert
Oct 14, 2022
Thank you David for the warning. I already know this from the AAA forum in Germany. I have made a habit of staying out of emotional discussions and concentrating on conversations that are about scientific things. I think so I can also contribute something to the benefit of the general public.

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
Ralf, my friend and partner it's wonderful to have your voice here on WBF! Your focus on mechanical engineering and the role of the turntable to simply pass on the signal embedded in the record groove and nothing more will interest many WBF readers. Naturally, Hear This is extremely proud to be representing you, Alexandra and Ars Machinae in North America.

The first few turntables and tonearms will be delivered to our US customers early in the New Year. For those interested in hearing the Ars Machinae M1 turntable and tonearm the US debut will take place at the Axpona Show April 14-16 in suite# 509. For you "snowbirds", there may be a sneak preview of the M1 at the Florida show in February.

More information on Ars Machinae will follow. In the meantime, please feel free to reach out to Ralf or myself via PM or go to our video found on the WBF home page. For more generalized questions on turntable design please post them here and Ralf will be happy to weigh in with his unique perspectives.

PS: The Ars Machinae record weight is now in stock and available to all WBF Members for a no obligation in-home demo. Please PM me for details on getting one in your system for a listen.

ars-m1-record-clamp-99.jpg

Attachments

• ars-m1-record-clamp-04-1024x683.jpg
    ars-m1-record-clamp-04-1024x683.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 2

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing