Hello from Plymouth, UK

Myles1972

Mar 4, 2022
Hello all, I'm Myles from Plymouth in the UK. I always say I'm done and happy with my setup, so why am I here? Because I've got the breaking strain of gossamer! One positive recommendation and I start the ball rolling in my mind!

My kit is:
Sugden A21a Signature
Gold Note PH-10 and PS-10 phono stage
Acoustic Solid Wood turntable with Audiomods Series 6 tonearm
Hana ML cartridge
M2tech Young DAC with Teddy Pardo PSU
Rega Jupiter cd transport
Bluesound Node 2i streamer
Tannoy Prestige Turnberry HE speakers

I'm looking forward to other people spending money for me!

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Hi Myles from a fellow Brit.
I'm sure you're aware of the Harry Enfield character "you don't want to do it like that, you want to do it like this"...

Reactions: Myles1972

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Imagine making other people's mistakes.

analyzer

VIP/Donor
May 20, 2016
Torino - Italy
Hello all, I'm Myles from Plymouth in the UK. I always say I'm done and happy with my setup, so why am I here? Because I've got the breaking strain of gossamer! One positive recommendation and I start the ball rolling in my mind!

My kit is:
Sugden A21a Signature
Hana ML cartridge

Hy Miles, welcome on board!
Fine system, congratulations..
We both have the same phono ... Goldnote PH-10 with Psu-10; I'm curious if It works and match well with Hana ML, that had many positive reviews. I use it with an old Zyx 4D (High output 0,48 MV) so in the perspective of replacement Hana it's a possibile choice.
My best

Marco

Myles1972

Mar 4, 2022
Hy Miles, welcome on board!
Fine system, congratulations..
We both have the same phono ... Goldnote PH-10 with Psu-10; I'm curious if It works and match well with Hana ML, that had many positive reviews. I use it with an old Zyx (High output 0,48 MV) so in the perspective of replacement Hana it's a possibile choice.
My best

Marco
Hi Marco, thanks for the kind comments. Ref the PH-10 and the ML, I have it running at 100 ohms, std RIAA curve and -3dB gain on MC. I've experimented with more gain but it just comes in too energetic; it's the same to a certain extent with RIAA 'plus' - I can't for the life of me remember the name of the setting.

I'm very happy with how it is all behaving....currently

Reactions: analyzer

Hear Here

Feb 14, 2020
Portsmouth, UK

My kit is:
Sugden A21a Signature
Hana ML cartridge

Hi Myles

Yet another Brit here, but from Portsmouth. Welcome. Not a vinyl user but in the same BluOS camp - and approve of big speakers. Hardly use CDs now as streaming so convenient and good quality.

Myles1972

Mar 4, 2022
Hi Myles

Yet another Brit here, but from Portsmouth. Welcome. Not a vinyl user but in the same BluOS camp - and approve of big speakers. Hardly use CDs now as streaming so convenient and good quality.
As I suggested previously, it doesn't take much to get me to buy something. The Rega Jupiter is a case in point - it came up on a sale thread elsewhere and the rest is history. My CDs are all boxed up in the garage and have been for years! I don't have a shelf spare for it to sit on either!
The BluOS is a really fantastic platform, the little streamer is a nice bit of kit at the price.

Hear Here

Feb 14, 2020
Portsmouth, UK
As I suggested previously, it doesn't take much to get me to buy something. The Rega Jupiter is a case in point - it came up on a sale thread elsewhere and the rest is history. My CDs are all boxed up in the garage and have been for years! I don't have a shelf spare for it to sit on either!
The BluOS is a really fantastic platform, the little streamer is a nice bit of kit at the price.
For years I resisted upgrading from a Sonos ZP90 streamer until I found one that offered as good a user interface as theirs. Eventually I found BluOS so I'm now a NAD user - M50.2 means my CDs are ripped and stored away, but I can still play them - or visitors' discs - and my streamer / DAC / amp is the M33 - a brilliant piece of kit, even with Avantgarde speakers!

Scott Naylor

Mar 19, 2021
Welcome to the forum!

If you want to see the recommendations come fast and furious just ask about cable upgrade possibilities and/or how to make your system sound more NATURAL. ;-)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing