Hello from Vancouver BC

rugyboogie

May 30, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Hi to All that strive for the Best !

Ever since I was in diapers I have been listening to music. That's my Dad's fault.http://www.whatsbestforum.com/images/smilies/cool.gif
My Dad's HIFI system back in the 60s comprised of JBL's , Marantz, and a Dual table.
Well lots of time has passed since then and now my kids listen to HIFI as well.
The trick is in trying to turn on as many people to the joy of listening to music, my passion.
Have had lots of different gear in my journey and am still enjoying the ride.

OB sent me a link to this site. Thanks Steve........I think.

Take care,
Rugyboogie

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Greeting and welcome to WBF!

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Hi to All that strive for the Best !

Ever since I was in diapers I have been listening to music. That's my Dad's fault.http://www.whatsbestforum.com/images/smilies/cool.gif
My Dad's HIFI system back in the 60s comprised of JBL's , Marantz, and a Dual table.
Well lots of time has passed since then and now my kids listen to HIFI as well.
The trick is in trying to turn on as many people to the joy of listening to music, my passion.
Have had lots of different gear in my journey and am still enjoying the ride.

OB sent me a link to this site. Thanks Steve........I think.

Take care,
Rugyboogie

Yes it was me and thanks for joining

rugyboogie

May 30, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Hi Rich
Yes I spin vinyl, also the following
CDs and Open Reels
Bring your LPs and will give em a spin.
Thanks for your invite as well , if we come to the Okanagan will let you know.
Take care,
Mike

mullard88

Jun 5, 2010
Hi rugyboogie,

I resided in Vancouver from 1974 to 1994. Purchased most of my audio stuff from Sound Plus while I resided there. I miss the beautiful Vancouver summers.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Welcome! I belive I met you at Mike L's house.

If you ever want to drop by my place sometime, our doors are open.

Regards,

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Welcome

We share some interesting background .. My dad got me into this.. How interesting ...

Frantz

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Open reel eh? There are a few of us left I guess.

Regards

Don
Surrey, BC

Don:

Think you'll find more than a few here! In fact, some own more than a few decks :)

rugyboogie

May 30, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Sorry for the late reply, been very busy.

Hi mullard88

Yes the Vancouver summers are great, just too short.
Sound Plus was a great place to go for good music and gear.
Doug had to sell due to health reasons and the new owner ( Mike ) was not interested in making the store work.
Mike closed the doors not giving anyone any notice to employees, Doug or anyone else.
Doug is now on his next chapter, enjoying life and traveling. He and I are still good friends.
When you come to Vancouver come by for a visit, doors are open.

Hi Bruce
Yes you are right we sat next to each other at Mike L place when he was host for the NWAS meeting.
Thank you for the invite, I will take you up as we travel to Seatlle and Portland 2-3 times a year.
If you should be up this way let me know, doors are open for you here too.

Take care,
Mike

mullard88

Jun 5, 2010
Hi rugyboogie,

I feel saddened that Sound Plus has closed. Thank you for the invitiation. I hope to make your acquaintance the next time I visit Vancouver.

slowGEEZR

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2010
Colorado Springs, CO
Welcome rugyboogie. My dad also gave me the music bug way back when. I remember when he showed me how to use his Dual 1019 turntable with the Shure cartridge (with the little dust brush attached) feeding into his Scott amplifier/receiver.

rugyboogie

May 30, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Hi Frantz , slowGEEZR and D18

In my case the passion of living with music , it's one of the best things that my Dad passed on to me.

slowGEEZR my dad has a 1229Q Dual with a Shure cartridge, Scott receiver along with JBL Century (orange foam) speakers. Spooky, Halloween stuff....

D18 Live in the same neck of the woods, if you ever want to stop by let me know.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing