Hello! Great to be here!

MJB

Mar 10, 2013
Hi!

My name is Mike. I live in North West Arkansas. My profession is Information Technology.

I have been in this audio hobby for the last 35 years. My father introduced me to music and great audio when I was a teenager. At the time he had JBL Paragon, Marantz electronics and a Thorens table.

Having gone through a lot of systems over the last three decades, today I have a reasonably nice setup.

Esoteric K-05 CD/SACD
ARC Ref 5SE
ARC DAC 8
ARC DS450
Revel Salon 2
Shunyata Triton
Shunyata cables (Z-Python, Z-Cobra, Black Mamba CX/HC)
Apple TV2 for streaming

Again, great to be here. Look forward to sharing ideas and advice.

Thanks,
Mike

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Welcome to the forum Mike. It is great to have another computer guy join the ranks. :) You are in good company with your list of equipment here.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Hi!

My name is Mike. I live in North West Arkansas. My profession is Information Technology.

I have been in this audio hobby for the last 35 years. My father introduced me to music and great audio when I was a teenager. At the time he had JBL Paragon, Marantz electronics and a Thorens table.

Having gone through a lot of systems over the last three decades, today I have a reasonably nice setup.

Esoteric K-05 CD/SACD
ARC Ref 5SE
ARC DAC 8
ARC DS450
Revel Salon 2
Shunyata Triton
Shunyata cables (Z-Python, Z-Cobra, Black Mamba CX/HC)
Apple TV2 for streaming

Again, great to be here. Look forward to sharing ideas and advice.

Thanks,
Mike

Welcome Mike ..

Audiophile Bio very similar to mine. I am also in IT and my father introduced me to great music and gear before I was a teen :).. I have been in the hobby for 40 years ...

And please no euphemism here :D your system is top flight ...
Again Welcome !!!

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Welcome Mike!

As Frantz said, your system is top flight and you'll find many here who will express that same sentiment.

John

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

MJB

Mar 10, 2013
Yeah...what gives? ;):p

Thanks guys!

Actually, was very much into vinyl. I had a Linn LP12. Sold it over 10 yrs ago - as well as my record collection. Looking back, I wish I would not have done that.

vinylphilemag

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Kelowna, BC
www.vinylphilemag.com
Thanks guys!

Actually, was very much into vinyl. I had a Linn LP12. Sold it over 10 yrs ago - as well as my record collection. Looking back, I wish I would not have done that.

That's a common refrain I hear from people who've disposed of their record collections...

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Welcome Mike,

Great to have someone to exchange opinions about Shunyata new cables in an ARC system - I am still using the old Anaconda Helix.

MJB

Mar 10, 2013
Welcome Mike,

Great to have someone to exchange opinions about Shunyata new cables in an ARC system - I am still using the old Anaconda Helix.

Glad to do that. The improvements I've heard going from the Black Mamba CX line to the Z line are fantastic. Look forward to exchanging thoughts and impressions.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing