Hello WBF

johndoe21ro

Oct 3, 2012
Europe
Hello everyone,

I just thought I'd say "Hello" as I'm new here. I'm Radu aka johndoe21ro, I'm 29 years old (actually I'll be 29 in about 2 weeks) and I guess I'm quite new with audiophilia, being 'in bussiness' for around 3 years. My first setup was a Naim Nait 5i integrated amp, Cabasse MT30 loudspeakers, a Squeezebox Classic, a laptop as source and DIY cables. Then I bought a Weiss DAC2, some Audioquest cables (CV-8 for loudspeakers and an NRG-5 power cable). Got some Epos M12.2 loudspeakers. I managed to learn stuff, to learn how to listen and what'r right and what's wrong so I upgrade stuff pretty fast. I also attend a lot of concerts (live and unplugged) and this helps a lot. Sold the 2 pairs of loudspeakers (Cabasse and Epos) and got some Usher Be-718 (amazing loudspeakers for the buck). Also upgraded my amplifier to a Jeff Rowland Concerto, the loudspeaker cable to Audioquest Mont Blanc, bought an Aavik rack with Nordost Pulsar Points feet. Found some nice Omicron tweaks that really work.. When oportunity struck I jumped from the Ushers to a pair of Raidho Eben X-Centric loudspeakers which are amazing as long as matching and the stuff behind them is at its best. Right now I use Raidho Eben X-Centric loudspeakers, Jeff Rowland Concerto amplifier, Lite DAC-83, Audiophilleo 2 USB to spdif converter, AQVox USB Linear Power Supply (modded), a Macbook Pro, Audioquest Panther ICs, Audioquest Volcano loudspeaker cables, 3X Audioquest NRG-5 power cables, Aavik A4 rack with Nordost Pulsar Points, Target Hi-Fi Stands, Omicron Stabilizzatore Armonico & Gold tweaks, Furutech FT-SWS R AC wall inlet. Some old photos: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.412802078739450.104640.100000289857247&type=3
I listen to classical music and opera a lot and occasionally to some jazz and blues.
You have some very interesting forum here and I'm glad I've found about you.

Best regards,
Radu

Last edited:

johndoe21ro

Oct 3, 2012
Europe
Glad to be here. :)

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Welcome Radu!

I finally had a chance to listen to the Cabasse speakers over the weekend and I was most impressed. What a great pair to have started with!

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Hi Radu. Welcome to the forum. My first system was an AIWA all-in-one stereo with FM radio and cassette! Compared to that, you have me beat in every which way with your first system!

johndoe21ro

Oct 3, 2012
Europe
Hi Radu. Welcome to the forum. My first system was an AIWA all-in-one stereo with FM radio and cassette! Compared to that, you have me beat in every which way with your first system!

Hi, Amir. The system I was talking about 'upstairs' was my first audiophile one. I guess everybody started with a cheap hi-fi stereo like Panasonic, Aiwa, Sharp, Philips, Sony, etc. :D

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Hi, Amir. The system I was talking about 'upstairs' was my first audiophile one. I guess everybody started with a cheap hi-fi stereo like Panasonic, Aiwa, Sharp, Philips, Sony, etc. :D
Got it. For a second I thought I was disadvantaged that way when I was 12. :D

johndoe21ro

Oct 3, 2012
Europe
Ha ha... Nothing to worry about, Amir. ;)

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
While I have you here Radu, are you familiar with the Danube delta? http://www.romaniatourism.com/danube-delta.html I am an avid wildlife photographer and am always looking for interesting new places to go and shoot (take pictures :) ) wildlife. I had bad experience going to a similarly touted place in Spain which turned out to be a bust with just a handful of common birds, miles away from my camera lens. best places for photography are where the birds are tame (usually because hunting is not allowed so they are not scared of people) and there is something other than common ducks and such.

johndoe21ro

Oct 3, 2012
Europe
While I have you here Radu, are you familiar with the Danube delta? http://www.romaniatourism.com/danube-delta.html I am an avid wildlife photographer and am always looking for interesting new places to go and shoot (take pictures :) ) wildlife. I had bad experience going to a similarly touted place in Spain which turned out to be a bust with just a handful of common birds, miles away from my camera lens. best places for photography are where the birds are tame (usually because hunting is not allowed so they are not scared of people) and there is something other than common ducks and such.

More or less, yes. If you're looking for wildlife photography, I'm sure you can find here what you're looking for. Hunting is not allowed - the area is protected and there are lots of birds to be taken photos of. Here are some informative photos:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/danube_delta/pool/
http://www.flickr.com/groups/danube-blues/pool/

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hello, Radu. May I offer you a warm welcome to the WBF community. We hope you enjoy being here.

Tom

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
---Hi & Welcome Radu! -

Bob

johndoe21ro

Oct 3, 2012
Europe
Thanks Bob, thanks Tom. You are very kind. :)

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing