Help me choose the better integrated

flm09

May 1, 2020
Hi everyone,

I narrowed down to two choices. Mastersound Dueundici or the Simply Italy. I want a singled ended El34. Any other suggestions welcomed. I need to stay in $3k price range though.

I want the warmer, juicer sounding amp.

Any thoughts from people who has heard both?

Thanks!

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
Hi everyone,

I narrowed down to two choices. Mastersound Dueundici or the Simply Italy. I want a singled ended El34. Any other suggestions welcomed. I need to stay in $3k price range though.

Thanks!

I've heard both but in different systems and not head to head. I think both are well made, very musical, and will give you the sonic signature you are looking for. Not sure what there is to choose between them. The thought I had is that if you would benefit from more power and could find a good used example at your price point the 35w/ch Unison S6 would give you more bass "punch" while retaining that single ended, Class A EL34 sound.

daytona600

Sep 9, 2012
scotland
Synthesis Soprano LE
Sy2 nthesis-Soprano-LE-XL_m.jpg

flm09

May 1, 2020
I've heard both but in different systems and not head to head. I think both are well made, very musical, and will give you the sonic signature you are looking for. Not sure what there is to choose between them. The thought I had is that if you would benefit from more power and could find a good used example at your price point the 35w/ch Unison S6 would give you more bass "punch" while retaining that single ended, Class A EL34 sound.
Thanks! So they are both warm. Leaning towards Simply Italy as also has subwoofer out. And I know more people who owns this amp that day it's warm fun amp. Great bass maybe highs little tipped up.

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
Reactions: morricab

flm09

May 1, 2020
I would suggest the Dueventi if you can stretch. This was one of my personal favorites in the line. I was the US distributor for a few years.
My budget is maxed out for Dueundici or Unison! Can you briefly summarize Dueundici vs Dueventi I'm Triode mode 10 watts. I am looking for a fat airy sound with warmth. Don't want a lean dry sound. Thanks!

flm09

May 1, 2020
Hi I have a question for Dskip!

I prefer set or sep El34. Say I only need 11 watts which is the better integrated: Dueundici or Dueventi?
I have read you past post and you always prefer the Dueventi. If you wouldn't mind illustrating why it's your favorite.

Thanks!

jep123

VIP/Donor
Dec 23, 2012
Norway
The Dueundici is a superb amp if your speakers are efficient enough. Super sweet sounding, open and just great. Then a pair of Mullard EL 34 xf and a pair of Mullard CV 4003 and never look back.

The Dueundici is a real single end triode amp, SET. The Dueventi is not.

JP

Last edited:

flm09

May 1, 2020
The Dueundici is a superb amp if your speakers are efficient enough. Super sweet sounding, open and just great. Then a pair of Mullard EL 34 xf and a pair of Mullard CV 4003 and never look back.

The Dueundici is a real single end triode amp, SET. The Dueventi is not.

JP
Thanks JP! I have Forte IVs so Dueundici makes sense. Btw have you any experience with my other choices in the running? Unison Simply Italy which is same topology as Dueundici and lastly Synthesis Audio Roma 96 DC.

Thanks!

jep123

VIP/Donor
Dec 23, 2012
Norway
Thanks JP! I have Forte IVs so Dueundici makes sense. Btw have you any experience with my other choices in the running? Unison Simply Italy which is same topology as Dueundici and lastly Synthesis Audio Roma 96 DC.

Thanks!
No sorry, I have only listened to the Dueundici. IMO you cannot go wrong with this amp, and the Mullard tubes. Good luck :).

JP

DSkip

Industry Expert
Aug 26, 2013
Arlington, TX
www.audiothesis.com
All MastersounD amps are ‘real’ SET. Some are parallel such as the Dueventi. As a whole, I find their PSET amps to have better control of a speaker while not losing the magic of SET. There is also more dynamic headroom which is never a bad thing.

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Hi everyone,

Thanks!
Hi, I had the DueUndici and it is a quite good sounding amp for that money. I replaced this with an Ayon Spark in my main system and it has a better sound and is quieter with my 99db speakers. I haven't heard the simply Italy but I have not been a big fan of the Unison Research amps in general in the past. Another choice is the Audion Sterling, which has a good reputation.

If you are open to something other than an EL34 SET then I would recommend a used Ayon Spark that can be had for well under 3K.

flm09

May 1, 2020
All MastersounD amps are ‘real’ SET. Some are parallel such as the Dueventi. As a whole, I find their PSET amps to have better control of a speaker while not losing the magic of SET. There is also more dynamic headroom which is never a bad thing.
Ok thanks Dskip for your thoughts!??

flm09

May 1, 2020
Hi, I had the DueUndici and it is a quite good sounding amp for that money. I replaced this with an Ayon Spark in my main system and it has a better sound and is quieter with my 99db speakers. I haven't heard the simply Italy but I have not been a big fan of the Unison Research amps in general in the past. Another choice is the Audion Sterling, which has a good reputation.

If you are open to something other than an EL34 SET then I would recommend a used Ayon Spark that can be had for well under 3K.
Ok thanks Morricab! I may check out Ayon to see if there is something that suits me. My speaker is 95 db efficient.

mtemur

Mar 26, 2019
IME it’s better to buy a push pull amp if you’re up to el34 or any other pentode tube. they can be very much like SET sounding if the implementation is right. IMHO it’s better to stick with triode output tubes with a SET amp and 10watt or more powerful amp should be considered with a much higher budget. on the other hand 3.5watt sun audio 2a3 is a great SET amp under 3000usd if you have very sensitive speakers.

Reactions: flm09

flm09

May 1, 2020
IME it’s better to buy a push pull amp if you’re up to el34 or any other pentode tube. they can be very much like SET sounding if the implementation is right. IMHO it’s better to stick with triode output tubes with a SET amp and 10watt or more powerful amp should be considered with a much higher budget. on the other hand 3.5watt sun audio 2a3 is a great SET amp under 3000usd if you have very sensitive speakers.
Ok I will look into Sun Audio as well. I'm not sure 3.5 watts is enough for my Klipsch Forte IVs.

Btw I checked out the Cayin Spark looks promising due to the use of the 6c33c output tube!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing