Help needed and appreciated on audio setup

camivall

Aug 6, 2021

CamiNew Member

Good day everyone.

I'm having an audio issue and I'm hoping someone here can point me in the right direction. My work is trying to create a live streaming setup I'm able to handle the video part and the streaming but for the audio, they want to use the already installed audio system in the theater, the audio guy that left told me it was an easy thing that a 6.35mm plug cable could be plugged to the front of the audio rack while a 3.5mm jack could go to the computer and then I would have access to the audio system and its microphones. the program that I'm using is Vimeo studio. it can recognize USB microphones but it doesn't seem to be able to pick up 3.5mm jacks. I found that there are some 6.35mm adaptors and also some 3.5mm to USB converter cables. my question is can I rig the 6.35mm to the 3.5mm cable and then plug the USB end into my computer and get a full connection? is that even a thing? and also do you guys have some suggestions for cables since I noticed that some of the USB to 3.5mm jack say that they don't carry sound. any help would be greatly appreciated.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Just curious, but how did you post that? It displays as if you are replying to a previous post.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Welcome to WBF, camivall!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing