Help purchasing a new receiver amplifier

Rylan24

Apr 24, 2019
I am looking to purchase a new receiver. I am not experienced with ohms and watts etc and pairing them properly to find the best match. I want to pick the best amp for my home theater. I have 2 JBL floor speakers that I’ve had for 20 years. I powered them with a 1982 Technics sa-212 receiver which finally broke. My speakers information is found here

www.nodevice.com/service-manuals/home-audio/jbl/lc-310-1/271806

I was looking at Best Buy and want to purchase a newer model amp with Bluetooth technology and also the ability to add a couple small speakers if I want to add surround sound down the road. My 2 JBL’s have highs mids and lows. The sub is a 10”.

Here are two receivers I was looking at

Sony:
www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-725w-5-2-ch-hi-res-4k-ultra-hd-a-v-home-theater-receiver-black/6187502.p?skuId=6187502

Yamaha:
www.bestbuy.com/site/yamaha-5-1-ch-4k-ultra-hd-a-v-home-theater-receiver-black/6198554.p?skuId=6198554

will these receivers work for my speakers? Do you have a better recommendation if these won’t pair well? I also have the old speaker wire with no RCA ends. Will this be a problem?

I want the best sound to pair with my JBL’s??

I appreciate any help! Do these new receivers not evenly put out the same watts per channel? Are they designed for specific speakers for each channel?

Thank you,

Rylan

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Yes, these receivers would work with your speakers.
I like Yamaha AV receivers. If it has the features you want I would go Yamaha.
You can buy inexpensive banana plugs for your wires, it makes connections much easier and safer.

Yamaha will give you happy sound, for less than $300.
Check Pioneer AV receivers too.

More ...
https://gearpatrol.com/2019/04/22/best-audio-receiver-under-300/
https://www.bestreceiverforthemoney.com/best-av-receiver-under-300/
https://www.bestspeakersfortheprice.com/the-best-av-receiver-under-300/

Good day,

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing