Help with new interconnects

orthomead

Feb 19, 2022
I'm finally ready to upgrade my interconnects. Over the years I have been slowly building my system. Currently my amps are VAC signature IQ 200 monoblocks and my preamp is a VAC Master with phono. My current interconnects are Tellurium Ultra Blacks. I'm looking for suggestions on gear appropriate interconnects with my equipment in mind. Thanks.

AThrillOfHope

Jul 27, 2021
Just posting as a show of support. We are dabbling with changing out our interconnects from our DAC to pre-amp, and pre-amp to monos.

Just about to confirm the finalization of our USB—it is between the TARA Labs Master EVO and the Shunyata Research Omega.

But next up seems to be our Carda Clear Beyond XLRs, which worked great with past models that needed to be “smoothed out”. But now on the upgraded components, we suspect they contribute a flatness now.

Your VAC equipment must be fantastic. Tube all the way. We have only the tubes pre-amp Audio Research, with which we love and is perfect for our current reality. And Audio Research takes care of us in support like few others.

Anyway, if you have any updates on your interconnect quest, please share.

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US
Also two members of WBF offer free audition of their cables.

Both are excellent while one is on the slightly vivid side and the other is on the relaxed side.

AThrillOfHope

Jul 27, 2021
Reactions: thomask

Hilroy48

Sep 15, 2021
Regina Sk Canada
over the past 4 years of cable research and trying. I am completely covered in Wireworld cables. they have have great synergy with my gear.

Dec 24, 2022
I had GREAT luck with Zenwave after trying many other brands. They were great at understanding my gear and sound I was looking for and offering a free trial to make sure it worked for me. I can't recommend them highly enough:
I put my thoughts about my listen on a video to share with others looking for suggestions:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing