Hey Hey from Minnesota

Bonzoro

Jul 12, 2022
Minnie-Soda
Just signed up on the forum, my name is Perry, I just moved from Zona back to Mn which I left when I joined the service back in 77. Spent 4 years in the Army, then got out and joined the Navy. I'm a retired Aviation Electronics Tech and went through Board Repair and Soldering School, now I'm retired and in my spare time, I work on vintage gear. I've built dozens of Phase Linear 700B/Series II amps using White Oak Audio boards to replace the wonky PL junk. Here is a couple pics of the amps after I built them. Sorry for the fuzzy pics, the different colors don't show in pics well. I ride my Harley, and spend time with the grandkids as much as possible.

Attachments

• Green.jpg
    Green.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 17
  • devil.jpg
    devil.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20201004_114555523_HDR (2672 x 2004).jpg
    IMG_20201004_114555523_HDR (2672 x 2004).jpg
    601.2 KB · Views: 17

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Just signed up on the forum, my name is Perry, I just moved from Zona back to Mn which I left when I joined the service back in 77. Spent 4 years in the Army, then got out and joined the Navy. I'm a retired Aviation Electronics Tech and went through Board Repair and Soldering School, now I'm retired and in my spare time, I work on vintage gear. I've built dozens of Phase Linear 700B/Series II amps using White Oak Audio boards to replace the wonky PL junk. Here is a couple pics of the amps after I built them. Sorry for the fuzzy pics, the different colors don't show in pics well. I ride my Harley, and spend time with the grandkids as much as possible.
Hello Perry, thanks for joining us! I love those crazy colours on PL amps. It seems that you are living the best life. When I grow up, I want to be like you :D

Bonzoro

Jul 12, 2022
Minnie-Soda
Hello Perry, thanks for joining us! I love those crazy colours on PL amps. It seems that you are living the best life. When I grow up, I want to be like you :D

Growing up is highly overated :)

I love the vintage gear but when I restomod them, I like to put my own spin on them. I did a set of 6 consecutive serial numbered 700 II Clair Brothers and had them powder coated in Italian Racing Red. Here is one of them.

Attachments

• Finished Enforcers 018.jpg
    Finished Enforcers 018.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 7

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Growing up is highly overated :)

I love the vintage gear but when I restomod them, I like to put my own spin on them. I did a set of 6 consecutive serial numbered 700 II Clair Brothers and had them powder coated in Italian Racing Red. Here is one of them.
But the most crucial question is whether the racing red amplifier sounds faster? :)

Reactions: Bonzoro

brad225

VIP/Donor
Nov 22, 2012
Welcome Perry, Nothing keeps you moving and sleeping at night more than following lovable little kids around.

Reactions: Bonzoro

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing