Hi from Germany

andi

Apr 9, 2012
Germany
Hello to all,

I am Andreas from Germany, 48 years old and into the hobby for 40 years now.

First of all I am a music collector. Around 5000 Vinyls and some CDs crowded my listening room.

System:

Raven AC
SME iV / Origin Live Conqueror
Grashopper GLA / Lyra Dorian

Thöress Pre with three Phono Inputs
Bryston 4 B SST
Magnepan 3.6

In the attic:
Jeff Rowland Coherence I Series II
ASL 1006/845
Several Hornspeakers

Regards
Andreas

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Welcome Andreas!

Which version of the Raven AC do you own?

DEV

Oct 19, 2011
Welcome to WBF, lots of great members here.

You should post some pictures of your set-ups.

fas42

Addicted To Best
Jan 8, 2011
NSW Australia
Welcome from me too. So you started at the age of 8, I'm impressed!

My ancestry is Germanic, my father who was a very particular carpenter came to Australia between the wars; and my mother was Viennese, met him in Sydney when she also came here after WWII.

Unfortunately, I inherited his passion for perfectionism: both a curse and a valuable tool in the area of audio ... :D

Nice to see you here,
Frank

andi

Apr 9, 2012
Germany
. So you started at the age of 8, I'm impressed!

Hi Frank,

not with High End of course. At this time I have gotten my first Cassette recorder and started collecting music.

My first record player came 4 years later. I still own the records from that time.

All the best
Andreas

Btw: Thanks for the warm welcome at this forum. Photos will follow when I tieded up.

mullard88

Jun 5, 2010
Welcome andi. Your software and hardware collections impress me. If I may ask, how do you store and track the whereabouts of 5000 lps?

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Welcome to the WBF, Andreas. You started at the same age I did, 8. My first rig was a hand me down Scott receiver, some low line Technics TT and if I'm not mistaken, a pair of Scott speakers as well. It served me well until I started mowing lawns.....and a lot of them to earn newer and better gear.

Enjoy the music!

Tom

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing