High End 2018

iansr

Dec 27, 2010
Living Voice is bringing two systems this year. One using Öld School"Kondo electronics as they have done for years and the second System using Engstrom 300b amplifiers. About half of the dealers or owners of the Living Voice system are using the Engstrom electronics now.

Going to the Munich show has been on my list of things to do for a number of years and I went for the first time this year. Having read much about the Vox speakers I was intrigued to hear them and see if they lived up to the hype. Suffice to say they do. It's a bit of a hi fi cliche to say, it was like the musicians were in the room, but when I heard the Pallidians driven by the Engstrom amps I just knew that the sound I was hearing was exactly like the real thing. I have never previously heard any speakers that have come even remotely close to sounding just so realistic. That said, the MBL 101 Extremes were not that far behind, and they're only 199,000 euros

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Is interesting – – and puzzling – – to me that the Living Voice and the MBL were two of your favorites. I find them to be kind of sonic opposites.

iansr

Dec 27, 2010
The Magico M3s have been on my shortlist for my "final speaker purchase" but I've never heard them, so it was with considerable interest that I visited the Magico room (twice) to listen to the M6s. Well it was extremely educational for me because it helped me realise what sort of sonic presentation I prefer from a hi fi system. The M6s sounded totally lacking in distortion and resonance, but also slow and lifeless. To me they sounded like hi fi and not at all like a live performance. That is not what I'm looking for, but it clearly is for plenty of other people. That's fine of course and I'm delighted I went to Munich as listening to lots of hi end cone driver speakers made me realise what I'm looking for . . .

iansr

Dec 27, 2010
Is interesting – – and puzzling – – to me that the Living Voice and the MBL were two of your favorites. I find them to be kind of sonic opposites.

To my ears they both COMPLETELY disappear and both sound live, realistic, open and transparent.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Okay. Fair enough. :)

What are your musical preferences?

Did you hear the TuneAudio Avaton?

iansr

Dec 27, 2010
Okay. Fair enough. :)

What are your musical preferences?

Did you hear the TuneAudio Avaton?
I've got pretty diverse taste in music.
No I missed those. Also missed the hORNS Universum, although I'll be getting a chance to hear those within the next few weeks at another show in the uk.

BMCG

VIP/Donor
Oct 1, 2016
United Kingdom
I've got pretty diverse taste in music.
No I missed those. Also missed the hORNS Universum, although I'll be getting a chance to hear those within the next few weeks at another show in the uk.

Which show in the UK? be curious to hear the hORNS as well.

GuillaumeB

VIP/Donor
Mar 10, 2014
UK
www.boyeraudio.com
Which show in the UK? be curious to hear the hORNS as well.

+1

I am really keen to hear this speaker

Guillaume

tunes

Member Sponsor
Nov 9, 2013
The TAS folks were all impressed with the Zellaton Statements. Harley saying “The Zellaton Statement loudspeaker (see JV’s report for system details) created the most realistic reproduction of the human voice I’ve ever heard from a hi-fi system. The sound was ineffably beautiful, seemingly existing in space independent of the physical means of its reproduction. The focus and coherence was beyond hi-fi.”
Anyone else hear them?
I have been lucky to hear those in NYC at AudioArts, albeit with different electronics, and they were stellar. Out of my budget but truly awesome.

iansr

Dec 27, 2010
The TAS folks were all impressed with the Zellaton Statements. Harley saying “The Zellaton Statement loudspeaker (see JV’s report for system details) created the most realistic reproduction of the human voice I’ve ever heard from a hi-fi system. The sound was ineffably beautiful, seemingly existing in space independent of the physical means of its reproduction. The focus and coherence was beyond hi-fi.”
Anyone else hear them?
I have been lucky to hear those in NYC at AudioArts, albeit with different electronics, and they were stellar. Out of my budget but truly awesome.
Yes I listened to them on a couple of occasions whilst there. They also disappear completely and produce a fabulous open soundstage. I thought I detected a slight lack of tautness in the bass, but not enough to put me off owning them if I could afford them. Probably my third favourites at the show (see my posts above).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing