High End Cartridges for sale

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
A few trade ins from clients that moved to Top Wing. All but the Bordeaux (USA only) will ship worldwide

Air Tight Opus S/N H078 - 4500

Cantilever and stylus has been disconnected from the cartridge so a rebuild would be required in order to use it. Even the cost to replace it would be a bargain from the 16k retail.

resize_PANA4335.JPG

resize_PANA4343.JPG

resize_PANA4352.JPG

resize_PANA4357.JPG

resize_PANA4360.JPG

ZYX Universe Premium X S/N UP170 - 7000 USD

Working on getting a Stylus cover for it.

resize_PANA4379.JPG

resize_PANA4374.JPG

Bordeaux - 6700 (Played for 18 hours)

images.jpg

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
The cost of refurbishing the Opus is around $4,000.( Been there done that.)
Brand new Opus is around $9,000.

Sincerely,
Tang

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
A brand new Opus in the US for $9K? That would be worth considering. I think it retails for $15K here.
The world is one market now Peter. The power of internet.

Kind regards,
Tang

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
The cost of refurbishing the Opus is around $4,000.( Been there done that.)
Brand new Opus is around $9,000.

Sincerely,
Tang

Certainly a man of your pedigree and resources has a better use of time than to detract buyers on my for sale posting. A black market is the not the same as a world market and if you have the insider relationships to attain Opus's at half by just asking it would be more helpful if you shared that individuals contact details here.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
In some areas, the retail price of the Opus is $6,500.- Absolutely not the case in the US. Remember guys, it costs a ton of money to ship these extremely bulky and heavy products out of Japan.
However, like Peter A stated, buy it on the grey market, and forget about after sale service. Oh, wait a minute, can I not buy two of these babies for the same price, or less, than what is the US retail price. Therefore, allowing for some insurance if one breaks....
Don’t mean to hijack this thread, and I actually think the price asked for the damaged unit is very fair. Just pointing out the absurdity of the high end Japanese cartridge pricing scenario for the US consumer. BTW, I started a thread on A’gon that addressed these issues...and others. It was fairly well received, or not ...If you were a US dealer..

Reactions: bazelio and Lagonda

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
In some areas, the retail price of the Opus is $6,500.- Absolutely not the case in the US. Remember guys, it costs a ton of money to ship these extremely bulky and heavy products out of Japan.
However, like Peter A stated, buy it on the grey market, and forget about after sale service. Oh, wait a minute, can I not buy two of these babies for the same price, or less, than what is the US retail price. Therefore, allowing for some insurance if one breaks....
Don’t mean to hijack this thread, and I actually think the price asked for the damaged unit is very fair. Just pointing out the absurdity of the high end Japanese cartridge pricing scenario for the US consumer. BTW, I started a thread on A’gon that addressed these issues...and others. It was fairly well received, or not ...If you were a US dealer..

Again, with respect to this part of the forum is reserved for selling. There are many other areas of the forum to discuss domestic vs international pricing of cartridges

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing