High Fidelity Cables

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Rick Schultz has always been a character to deal with since his Virtual Dynamics days - the stories i've heard over the years. None of what's been presented recently on this thread surprises me.

jackson_k

VIP/Donor
Jan 19, 2019
Los Angeles
I have a HF PRO and a couple of Helix UR power cords in my system.
If you are interested, I may be selling one of the Helix UR power cords.
These power cords from High Fidelity are the best sounding cords I have heard in the 30 years I have started in this audio hobby - just incredible power cords!
Bro ,, How is your pro power cable coming alone ? Now you should have put on some hrs on it , let me know what you think : )

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
Hey Jackson -
Yes, the PRO power and speaker cables are a force to be reckon with!
PRO pc is supplying power to my High Fidelity Hemisphere power conditioner.
Everything is plugged into the Hemisphere including the Ayre MXR mono amps.
That way all my components can reap the rewards of the PRO cable - even my Elite plasma tv!

Dead quiet background, strong tight bass, and highs that are never forward sounding.
Also they provide a spooky 3D imaging characteristic that is really hard to explain.
My giant Evolution Acoustics (600lbs each) speakers just disappear!
This cord is definitely staying in my system!!

jackson_k

VIP/Donor
Jan 19, 2019
Los Angeles
Hey Jackson -
That way all my components can reap the rewards of the PRO cable - even my Elite plasma tv!

Dead quiet background, strong tight bass, and highs that are never forward sounding.
Also they provide a spooky 3D imaging characteristic that is really hard to explain.
Sweet ! Brother ! Try the MC1 as well am, those are magical too , it really gave me that holographic , organic sound as well, I have returned mine to my friend and ordered mine own as well, I am surprised that you didn’t go another level up on the conditioner , but its great to know hemisphere is already doing great job for you ! I have heard the ultimate conditioner at my buddies house , and that was the first time I am sold, I have heard his system so many times, exact equipment everything the same except he added the ultimate conditioner and his system became another system. It was like magic. The bass was tight , the imaging of the signers were HOLOGRAPHIC ,, it was like holly cow. ( even my 7 year old boy could tell ! Lol )

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
Ultimate Conditioner is insane!!
Can't afford that jump in price, so I am sticking with what I have.
I also have (2) of the MC1's.
Upgraded my MacMini music server with an UpTone JS-2 choke-filtered, dual-output, 5-7 amp linear power supply.
Sounding mighty fine these days!!

Attachments

• Mac1.jpg
    Mac1.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 103
  • Mac2.jpg
    Mac2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 92
  • HighFidelityPower.jpg
    HighFidelityPower.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 94
Reactions: lordcloud

knghifi

Dec 6, 2014

High Fidelity Hemisphere is rated 10A max so surprise everything plugged in
it. I guess all that matters it sounds good.

BobbinHobbin

Jul 15, 2016
This is not the customer service a manufacturer should offer to his highend audio customers and cheat them by such big amount of money! The case is now at my lawyer.

Always use paypal, if the seller delays the refund or stops communicating, you can go to paypal directly & they will refund you themseleves without waiting for the seller if they rule in your favor.

jackson_k

VIP/Donor
Jan 19, 2019
Los Angeles
Ultimate Conditioner is insane!!
Can't afford that jump in price, so I am sticking with what I have.
I also have (2) of the MC1's.
Upgraded my MacMini music server with an UpTone JS-2 choke-filtered, dual-output, 5-7 amp linear power supply.
Sounding mighty fine these days!!
Hey buddy how do you like your JS-2 so far , are you using it as a Roon Core or USB directly to the DAC? I am using SOTM-200 for the ROON output right now but am also wondering if Mac mini will sound better with the right LPS !

jackson_k

VIP/Donor
Jan 19, 2019
Los Angeles
Going all out with the HFC PRO AES,, I hate to say it but they make a already good system , just sound more realistic ! its amazing , I don't know how they do it but it works ! running them on the cable cooker right now , have some SOTM BNC to challenge the CT2 BNC ! lets see how they go !!
RenderedImage.jpeg

Reactions: onsionsi

jackson_k

VIP/Donor
Jan 19, 2019
Los Angeles
I will say the these conditioner as much as they are ,,, they are game changers... ! crazy how much better the system sounded like real instrument with this bad boy plugged in, its ..... ! astonishing !

JK802851.jpeg

Reactions: onsionsi

jturbo

Jan 20, 2018
Lexington, KY
Im using two pro cords, one into my distributor and the other into my DAC.
They are amazing cords! Addition of each cord just provides another level of detail.

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
Wow!
You really went full assault with the new additions.
I have the PRO speaker cables and 1 power cord, but my interconnects are just the HF Ultimate Reference series.
That power conditioner is huge - somehow I just cannot justify the price.
I was reading about the new Bybee Stealth power conditioner that uses High Fidelity waveguides in its construction.
It's a little cheaper than the the HF

https://www.tweekgeek.com/darkmatte...-54978109&mc_cid=4a076fe4fa&mc_eid=8233c6223c

To answer your question, I'm using the UpTone JS-2 choke-filtered, dual-output, 5-7 amp linear power supply, to power both my MacMini and also the outboard HardDrive (JS-2 has 2 power supply leads to power 2 different devices).
Dead quiet!

Last edited:
Reactions: jackson_k

abeidrov

VIP Donor
Dec 17, 2015
Moscow
Wow!
You really went full assault with the new additions.
I have the PRO speaker cables and 1 power cord, but my interconnects are just the HF Ultimate Reference series.
That power conditioner is huge - somehow I just cannot justify the price.
I was reading about the new Bybee Stealth power conditioner that uses High Fidelity waveguides in its construction.
It's a little cheaper than the the HF

https://www.tweekgeek.com/darkmatte...-54978109&mc_cid=4a076fe4fa&mc_eid=8233c6223c

To answer your question, I'm using the UpTone JS-2 choke-filtered, dual-output, 5-7 amp linear power supply, to power both my MacMini and also the outboard HardDrive (JS-2 has 2 power supply leads to power 2 different devices).
Dead quiet!
Hello @gfroman! Do you still use High Fidelity cables in your system? If you do not use them anymore, what was the reason for replacing them?
Thanks in advance,
Aziz

Reactions: displayname

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
I was perfectly happy with my full loom cables from High Fidelity.
But decided to recoup some of the $ invested in my cables, and use that money towards my dream speakers - MBL101E.
These new speakers will need to be biwired Tweeter-Mid/Woofer, so I am going to try out the Audioquest William Tell ZERO/BASS combo cables.
Also trying out the Audioquest Hurricane HC and Source power cords.
Will post results once the system is put together.
Another adventure in audio!!

Reactions: abeidrov

abeidrov

VIP Donor
Dec 17, 2015
Moscow
I was perfectly happy with my full loom cables from High Fidelity.
But decided to recoup some of the $ invested in my cables, and use that money towards my dream speakers - MBL101E.
These new speakers will need to be biwired Tweeter-Mid/Woofer, so I am going to try out the Audioquest William Tell ZERO/BASS combo cables.
Also trying out the Audioquest Hurricane HC and Source power cords.
Will post results once the system is put together.
Another adventure in audio!!
I like what I currently hear with just one HFC xlr: lots of resolution, good base, vast soundstage. It certainly has a wow effect compared to Gryphon VIP cable. I’m just worried, that it adds something to the sound, which is not there in the first place. Is it possible based on your experience?

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
I never noticed the HFC cables adding something to the sound. I guess all cables have their own house sound in some way.

lordcloud

Jul 5, 2016
Round Rock, Texas
I like what I currently hear with just one HFC xlr: lots of resolution, good base, vast soundstage. It certainly has a wow effect compared to Gryphon VIP cable. I’m just worried, that it adds something to the sound, which is not there in the first place. Is it possible based on your experience?

What would you say they are adding to the sound?

abeidrov

VIP Donor
Dec 17, 2015
Moscow
Has anyone had an experience with the new CT-2 Double Helix Signature line? I currently audition XLR interconnect and speaker cables and I really like the presentation: lots of resolution, transparency, huge 3D soundstage. The soundstage and the resolution are probably the main 2 attributes of the HFC and they create this WOW effect that is really impressive. In my experience no other cable brand has such a wow factor even if you put just one cable in a system. I’ve compared the HFC XLR to Gryphon VIP and MIT MI-2C3D Level 1 and it’s not even close.
So is there a catch? I still have my doubts wether this extra resolution and 3D effect are natural. There are several threads on this and other forums that High Fidelity products are just snake oil. It is also kind of strange that none of the WBF big guys with the big systems uses High Fidelity products:) and some people, who did use them in the past, no longer do that. Is it a reputation or performance related?

Reactions: Bobofei86

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing