Homeland-New Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
This season is pretty good. Episode 10 now and waiting to for the last 2.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I love Carrie. WHAT an acting performance. Very few actors are happy to maintain full tilt characterisation over multiple seasons without trying to smooth those jagged edges. Not her. She's maintaining that brittleness all the way to the end.

Its so compelling, and so uncomfortable, you don't want to spend another season w her. Testament to total artistry from Claire Danes.

Reactions: tima

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
On Charter Spectrum Cable, Showtime is offering itself for free during the Coronoa-period, which means this series is available in its entirety. We had watched it on disc when it first started, up until season 5 when it got squirrly. Since it's free for now, we picked up at season 6 and binged it up through current episode 10. It is very political (CBS), the plot varies, the acting is very good and I really like all the different location shots.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Homeland is so boring. Like the producers ran out of steam after the fast paced brilliant 24 & it came the leftover slooow ideas

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Ked, just worth watching for masterclass acting and chemistry of Clare and Mandy.

Reactions: BMCG

GSOphile

Sep 3, 2017
IMO there were several seasons where Homeland wandered into the weeds, but this hasn't been one of them. Claire Danes, Mandy Patinkin and the entire cast over the years have been excellent. Looking forward to seeing how this thing ends.

Reactions: Steve Williams

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
It's ending one season too early, imho. There's a certain current world news event that deserves Carrie digging deep on, and Saul interceding with the best bushy beard in showbiz, hell, the best full stop!

Reactions: GSOphile

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
IMO there were several seasons where Homeland wandered into the weeds, but this hasn't been one of them. Claire Danes, Mandy Patinkin and the entire cast over the years have been excellent. Looking forward to seeing how this thing ends.
Totally agree

This has been a terrific season. Even Max became a statistic

Reactions: still-one

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
As a whole this season has been better than the last few years. Episode 10 last Sunday was well written and showed there are no way answers to the worlds problems. Looking forward to see how these last two episodes tie the series up.

Reactions: KeithR

Steve Williams

As a whole this season has been better than the last few years. Episode 10 last Sunday was well written and showed there are no way answers to the worlds problems. Looking forward to see how these last two episodes tie the series up.
I agree

i thought Mandy Patinkin’s acting’when speaking to the Russian ambassador as to how a nuclear war will occur if Turkey and the USA go to war

and who is Saul’s mole in the Kremlin

Reactions: jadis

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
I agree

i thought Mandy Patinkin’s acting’when speaking to the Russian ambassador as to how a nuclear war will occur if Turkey and the USA go to war

I thought we were once shown who the mole was in a previous season. It wouldn't surprise me if I was mixing up series and I am wrong about this.

Steve Williams

I thought we were once shown who the mole was in a previous season. It wouldn't surprise me if I was mixing up series and I am wrong about this.

gosh Jim

I'm not sure. PM me so you can refresh my memory of who you thin it is and provide any spoilers here just incase

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Last nights penultimate episode was very good and it sets up next weeks series finale nicely. I have no idea how they are going to end this. I'm not sure how they are going to tie it all together and fit it into a single hour long episode. They set it up so they could take it in so many directions.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
I agree

I guess I was wrong. They introduced the Mole last night nicely last night and answered the question as to why Saul has not divulged the Moles identity to anyone.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Can't wait for the finale. That Russian agent is one tough dude. I have a guess as to what Carrie will do, and I will insert the answer inside a book bind. :D

Steve Williams

I can't wait to see how it ends. I think there will be some surprises along the way but this season has had my wife and I glued to every episode. Kudos to the writers.

Always good to go out a winner but I sure hope they don't close the final curtain with a whimper

Reactions: GSOphile and jadis

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
finally caught up - agree that this season is much better than last. it's all a bit silly that Carrie has gone rogue, but fits within the Homeland framework. I couldn't believe Jenna caved and that Carrie couldn't see the Yevgeny deception from the beginning.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
i would also say that Carrie is still a terrible person amongst all of this - everyone around her dies. and now the question at the end of the penultimate episode remains...i'm not sure why she didn't just tell Saul about the black box offer in the first place.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing