hORNS universum videos

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Ortofon Anna, CH precision phono, custom pre and KT 120 push pull with tango and tamura transformers.

Byrdparis' system

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
500 quid AT33 cart, Allnic 7000, Ming Da electronics with 80 watt amp

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
More to follow. This is not really a compare but to show consistency achieved by same speaker corners reissue in two different rooms with different equipment with the speaker.

Last edited:
Reactions: christoph

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
That’s sounding very right, so different to Animas or Cessaros but still they can all be right. Diversity with horns is amazing. The energy of the performance comes through as does the sweet tone but mostly the coherence and the way the drive of the music is expressed is great. Multi horn can do big music so well and effortlessly.

Both seem to share coherence and express vitality in the music as well as ease with scale.

Thanks for sharing the music and the systems.

advanced101

VIP/Donor
May 3, 2017
If we are putting in requests :) Have any Universum videos with a solo cello? Something like Bach-Starker? I'm curious how they handle the body and weight.

Reactions: byrdparis

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014

This sounded pretty good the the flesh but sounds like mush in the video.

OnePlus 6 mobile phone recording.

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Scheherazade from byrdparis

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Bach cantata. Just rush clips on a very low priced Ming Da CD player. Those who don't listen to cantatas, pick any, it has everything from choral to solo vocals and just great music

Last edited:
Reactions: MadFloyd

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
This is great. The first one has so much concert hall feel and resonance. The second one is totally different. Because of the transparency to recordings, you immediately realize it is a different venue even for a solo instrument. Normally, people listen on a few LPs for bass or highs or such, but if you don't get the feel you are at a different concert or venue, it will get boring pretty quickly. This transparency to recordings universum does in every set up I heard.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Dear gentleman from The Principality of Liechenstein (@christoph ),

Would you be so kind to do a video of your fabulous Universum with Lampi on Scheherazade. Consider it a charity for this poor Thai citizen. Your view behind the speakers already contribute 8 points out of 10 from me. With the sound it sure will be off the scale.

Kindest regards,
Tang

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Tang, it's not gentleman from Liechtenstein, but gentleman from principality of Liechtenstein

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Now we don't have Allnic in the red universum system, but the owner, who is also the distributor for Ming Da, builds his own under a brand called Audio detail. Compared to Allnic, it is much lower priced. The big 80 watt Ming Da amps are now not playing, but instead the two GM70 mono blocks in the front which are only 14 watts. I personally think uni needs more grunt, and he will be adding bigger transformers. Still, this plays very nicely. I really like his 101d pre amp.

Reactions: byrdparis

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Dear gentleman from Liechenstein (@christoph ),

Would you be so kind to do a video of your fabulous Universum with Lampi on Scheherazade. Consider it a charity for this poor Thai citizen. Your view behind the speakers already contribute 8 points out of 10 from me. With the sound it sure will be off the scale.

Kindest regards,
Tang

Dear master Tang

Unfortunately my Systems are completely mixed up component wise and at the moment I'm not getting the best performance in the Living Room System ("summer" amp, Pacific in the Apogee System and so on..).
So it makes no sense right now.
As soon as I'm able to get great Sound (again), I will try to do some Videos :oops:

Kindest regards,
Christoph

Last edited:

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Tang, it's not gentleman from Liechtenstein, but gentleman from THE Principality of Liechtenstein

Now, both is correct :p

Last edited:
Reactions: bonzo75

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Dear master Tang

Unfortunately my Systems are completely mixed up component wise and at the moment I'm not getting the best performance in the Living Room System ("summer" amp, Pacific in the Apogee System and so on..).
So it makes no sense right now.
As soon as I'm able to get great Sound (again), I will try to do some Videos :oops:

Kindest regards,
Christoph
Thank you for not getting me wrong Christoph. We don't have both Universum and Lampi in Thailand so no chance for me to hear in real.

Tang :)

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
So, to accommodate advanced101 request for solo cello i recorded two, just for fun to hear not only the sound coming from the UNI (and the rest of my system) but also to hear the differences in sound between the two players, recordings, different cellos and eras. hope it will be helpful as enjoyable.
A.

Fabulous! I wish they had them over here so I could go and listen!

advanced101

VIP/Donor
May 3, 2017
So, to accommodate advanced101 request for solo cello i recorded two, just for fun to hear not only the sound coming from the UNI (and the rest of my system) but also to hear the differences in sound between the two players, recordings, different cellos and eras. hope it will be helpful as
Awesome. Thank you.

If anyone learns of a pair in the US let us know.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing