hORNS universum videos

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

they are just in drawing now, concepts idea....
it might be happened a year for now if any...
let see...

Thank you very much :cool:
I REALLY hope he makes it modular.
Otherwise this behemoth would have the handling capabilities of a barn :eek:
At least the sub section should be separate

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Thank you very much :cool:
I REALLY hope he makes it modular.
Otherwise this behemoth would have the handling capabilities of a barn :eek:
At least the sub section should be separate

Hi Chris,

Apologies for coming to this late. Yes there are a couple of designs that they posted on mono and stereo. Will try to find the others.

Reactions: christoph

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Hi Chris,

Apologies for coming to this late. Yes there are a couple of designs that they posted on mono and stereo. Will try to find the others.

Here we go:
FB88AE2E-1CF6-49C7-9CB6-E46776DF9214.jpeg
5CCE16CD-2E0F-4510-A5DC-F8F331E32F8D.jpeg
3DA0D123-1324-41CB-8959-E85C18BC32B5.jpeg

christoph

Dec 11, 2015

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Thanks a lot, Bill :cool:
Any of these sketches will be between 150 and 200 kg per side :eek:
So VERY impractical :rolleyes:
Pity :confused:

I guess so if the main reflex bass carcass is made of mdf. I assume thought this is horns.pl attempt at their reference speaker and it almost goes with the territory to be ridiculously heavy. It is amazing how some manufacturers will tell you the weight of the new product in question in the very first sentence of their marketing blurb (regardless of whether it is dac, amp, speaker, sub, TT)

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Bill, you should be impressed with Sean of Zu...he's shaved 20% off the weight of his spkrs with the new flagship line.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I guess so if the main reflex bass carcass is made of mdf. I assume thought this is horns.pl attempt at their reference speaker and it almost goes with the territory to be ridiculously heavy. It is amazing how some manufacturers will tell you the weight of the new product in question in the very first sentence of their marketing blurb (regardless of whether it is dac, amp, speaker, sub, TT)

Even you are at your reference self now

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015

This video is very good indeed and doesn’t have the plastic colouration you can get with the ABS or fibreglass or composite horn.
The Universum really appears to be a very good speaker indeed - hopefully I will eventually get to hear this pair if lockdown 2 doesn’t go ahead as I predict. Leif’s nextel Autotech JMLC is another that sounds wonderful on the vids I have heard.

Best.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Scheherazade from byrdparis

That sounds stunning. Very clean, great timbre. I see two CH components... P1 & X1? Custom pre? I'll have to investigate these speakers...

EDIT: Having read more of the thread and seeing byrdparis' signature I now know that it was a CH C1.... love this system!

Last edited:

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
That sounds stunning. Very clean, great timbre. I see two CH components... P1 & X1? Custom pre? I'll have to investigate these speakers...
Thank you Floyd.
It’s actually P1 + C1 from CHP
I always think about adding the X1 with two boards for them, but keep getting more carts+tone arms instead :)
One day I’ll get it...

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
This video is very good indeed and doesn’t have the plastic colouration you can get with the ABS or fibreglass or composite horn.
The Universum really appears to be a very good speaker indeed - hopefully I will eventually get to hear this pair if lockdown 2 doesn’t go ahead as I predict. Leif’s nextel Autotech JMLC is another that sounds wonderful on the vids I have heard.

Best.
Hi Bill

Lukasz Lewandowski of hORNS advised me to order my Unis with the big mid horn in structured paint because it is supposed to sound better than the high gloss version.
On the tweeter horn, he says the other way around sounds better, i.e. high gloss for the tweeter horn.

Leif's mid horn is probably not nextel but rather the same structured paint my mid horn has.

Last edited:
Reactions: Audiophile Bill

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Thank you Floyd.
It’s actually P1 + C1 from CHP .

After you already have so many excellent products from Poland (hORNS Universum mk4 and J.Sikora Standart Max + KV12vta), you should also give the Lampizator Pacific a serious listen ;) :p

Reactions: byrdparis

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Hi Bill

Lukasz Lewandowski of hORNS advized me to order my Unis with the big mid horn in structured paint because it is supposed to sound better than the high gloss version.
On the tweeter horn, he says the other way around sounds better, i.e. high gloss for the tweeter horn.

Leif's mid horn is probably not nextel but rather the same structured paint my mid horn has.

It's Nextel, which is a paint that roughens it else it can sound bright

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Nextel is a coating with fibres, NOT a structured paint

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
After you already have so many excellent products from Poland (hORNS Universum mk4 and J.Sikora Standart Max + KV12vta), you should also give the Lampizator Pacific a serious listen ;):p
i was heard it, i like my C1 :)
but other Pacific's will arrive soon (211) ;)

also added the Kuzma 4p Today...

Reactions: Audiophile Bill

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Use Iceland mud cover your horn. Crazy horn freaks.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Use Iceland mud cover your horn. Crazy horn freaks.

Here you see the tar like compound the Goto guys cover their metal horns in - will dampen the resonance of the metal a lot.

D7DE3E77-E5D4-4CA7-BEEF-CEA8489EBE2C.jpeg

Reactions: Zero000

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing