How do i terminate a draft

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
All too often In begin a response then decide to shut up and walk away. Yet I can't get rid of the draft response I started. I have come back to threads later and want to respond in a whole new way and my old draft tries to reinsert itself.

How do I erase a draft for good.

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
All too often In begin a response then decide to shut up and walk away. Yet I can't get rid of the draft response I started. I have come back to threads later and want to respond in a whole new way and my old draft tries to reinsert itself.

How do I erase a draft for good.

It's somewhat annoying, isn't it.

Ii put the cursor at the end of the text and backspace as far as it will let me, including through any quotes. Then switch to another thread or reload New Posts. See if that works for you.

Reactions: Bobvin

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
Thats what I do Tima. It still holds a draft in memory. Its not the end of the world. Just clunky. Other sites have a solid delete draft. It feels better when you can close it and really shut it down.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
it seems to live for 24-48 hours, then drops off in my experience.

you just have to be aware of it and kill it when you start again.

i like it because it beats the hell out of losing what i've written by hitting the wrong key (i'm a terrible typist). and i always proof my posted posts anyway. and rarely post stuff that would be offensive. i'm a whimp.

if you are a quick hitter and don't proof then i get it's very annoying. and sometimes when i start with something that i regret i feel guilty that it sits there, thinking someone can see it.

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
Need to add a cancel button on the reply page

Reactions: Lagonda

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
It is one of the more annoying ‘features’ of the site.

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
Need to add a cancel button on the reply page
Would be nice. With a 2 step, are you sure, you will lose all your work. Yes or No

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Does not need to be an either/or. The ability to leave a reply unfinished to return to later is fine (as it is now) and a cancel button can erase it. It may be associated to a cookie, not sure how state is preserved for this.

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
Not in my Samsung Active S8. Just tried.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
It’s there on Apple mobile browsers don’t see why it’s not visible on your Samsung.
david

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
There's a delete draft option hidden under the 3 dots more option menu on there far right under the floppy disc icon menu.

Thanks for pointing that out. I hadn't poked three levels deep at all the ideograms.

Just tried the 'delete draft' on this reply. I expected the edit box to clear, deleting my draft. But that didn't happen, breaking my expectation. Then I clicked on New Posts and came back to this thread and what I'd previously written was gone. So the feature is there.

I guess the 'save draft' is there to ... make it explicit? That seems to be the default behavior. Wonder how long the save lasts.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing