How do you link a 3rd Bluetooth outdoor speaker to a receiver hosting a hardwired connection to existing outdoor speakers

jonmaley85

Aug 18, 2022
Hi All - Apologize in advance if this is a dumb question. I personally don't want to go through the expensive trial and error in amazon'ing stuff and then returning it over and over again if it doesn't work.

Currently I have a Sony STR-DH770 receiver that's hard wired to two outdoor speakers that I love and prefer to keep. I basically connect to the receiver via my iphone/bluetooth to play music through spotify over said speakers. I'm trying to buy a 3rd outdoor "wireless" speaker to cover an audio blindspot behind my pool (about 10ft), and want to have it connect in some way so it plays the same music I'm playing on the other speakers.

Is there an easy way to do this? I don't know much about the receivers functionality, but from my understanding the tricky part is finding a way to have the 3rd speaker simultaneously pair with the either the receiver via bluetooth which is also currently connected to the phone, or bluetooth'ing it to the iphone that's already linked up to the receiver via bluetooth. Someone mentioned an amazon echo but have no idea if that would work or is helpful and how that would interact with the receiver.

Appreciate the help in advance y'all!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing