HRS Equipment Racks...thoughts?

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Just wondering what members with HRS experience thought about the product...

Any thoughts on overall effectiveness?

HRS vs. CMS vs. Symposium vs. Grand Prix vs. Other Brand differences?

Mdp632

May 29, 2016
No experience with HRS. But, also consider Artesania. Made in Spain. Uses a decoupled/suspended design compared to the others mentioned.

A few years ago, the US MSRP of the Exoteryc rack (at that time, their flagship) was about the same as the entry level HRS (RXR?) rack in the configuration I wanted.

As much I wanted to buy a US brand , I went with the Artesania rack and couldn't be happier. At the time, it was a clear value over the HRS.

That said, of course I couldn't A and B them but, took the word of a great trusted dealer @Scott W that I've worked with over the years.

Finally, I've read reports about all those racks (HRS, SRA, CMS) they all are "filter" racks rather than addressing the problem like Artesania does.

With HRS, SRA, CMS, etc.. it's about adding more footers and gizmos rather than a true de-coupling of the component.

EXOTERYC RACK - Artesania Audio

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Thanks all. Very helpful feedback. Had a great call with Brad O'Toole at HRS today. Still researching but looks like this will require an investment.

ctydwn

Aug 23, 2019
I have never heard Artesania but have heard great things. To @tima's point hard to find anyone that has done direct comparisons between racks let alone shelves. I am a big fan of HRS and use their M3X2 shelves on a bamboo quadraspire rack. I really enjoy the sonic results and have been granted aesthetic approval. I added HRS shelves one by one as budget allowed. I like the option to someday place the 6 shelves I have now on an actual HRS rack but for prioritizing other areas of the system.

I can vouch for when I turn a bass heavy song above 90db in my room, I cannot feel any vibration when I place my hand on top of my components. Also, HRS recently upgraded the 'feet' on their shelves and can mix and match a single shelf with different weight ratings. For example, HRS recommended two higher weighted feet on the front of my amp shelves versus the back two feet as the amp is significantly heavier due to the large transformers in front. And of course the feet can be later changed to match the weight of a new component down the road.

I imagine you can't go wrong with all the brands mentioned above. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: Audire

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
I do have Artesania, HRS and CMS in my system.
Depends on the individual component in which direction you should go and what to prefer

All three are good.

At the end they are furniture as well, so they should fit your room style.

VPN

VIP/Donor
Dec 28, 2013
I do have Artesania, HRS and CMS in my system.
Depends on the individual component in which direction you should go and what to prefer

All three are good.

At the end they are furniture as well, so they should fit your room style.
Dear Shakti,

Would you mind sharing your views about the sonic differences between Artesania, HRS and CMS (which model)?

I currently have Finite element amp stands, a SRA scuttle mk3 rack, and recently ordered two CMS Olympus Ultra amp bases for my CH M10.

Cheers

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
For owners of large and heavy electronics Artesania recently developed a range of racks with the following specifications

DIMENSIONS3 LEVELS
TOTAL HEIGHT84CM/33,07"
INTERNAL DISTANCE BETWEEN LEGS65CM/25,59"
EXTERNAL WIDTH79CM/31,1"
TOTAL DEPTH54CM/21,26"

WEIGHT SUPPORTED RACK + PLATFORM
MODELKGLB
3 LEVELS320704
4LEVELS350770
3+3 LEVELS400880

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
I've have used Symposium shelves before, and some on the roller blocks. At the time, I was quite happy.

I will say the Grand Prix Silverstone F1 racks are quite special. They made a profound difference in my system. I have now have 4 of them, two 5 shelf and 2 amp stands. They are expensive, but I will say they are equivalent to a new preamp. If I had to pick just a few desert island things, the racks are for sure going and I'd use lesser equipment.

I have never heard the HRS (although I love the looks) or the SRA, so I can't compare.

Here's a pic for illustration:

_JCF2151.jpeg

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
It would be very interesting as others have said to have a rack shootout, although A B ing would be challenging unless you had both racks set up side by side with duplicate gear.

I and others I know very much like Adona racks. I noticed a mostly unexpected gain in performance with the rack versus my DIY baltic birch rack. Very reasonable pricing, customizable and beautiful IMO.

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Timely conversation as I’m considering purchasing two HRS shelves and placing them on the top of our Adona Racks for our Vitus Transport and the incoming Extreme. The other candidate at this time is Symposium.

Reactions: Lee and sbo6

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
Timely conversation as I’m considering purchasing two HRS shelves and placing them on the top of our Adona Racks for our Vitus Transport and the incoming Extreme. The other candidate at this time is Symposium.
I'd be very curious to hear your assessment if you go this route.

Hear Here

Feb 14, 2020
Portsmouth, UK
Best perhaps to buy equipment that already has feet that will protect it from unwanted vibrations, etc. Then you can simply plonk it on a shelf or simple stand without paying a fortune unnecessaryily on "audiophile" stands. The only equipment that needs a specially rigid base is a turntable. Otherwise keep clear of the snake oil theories and spend your money where it makes a real difference! Just my opinion of course ;)

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
My 2 “shelves” Prestige Artesania Rack. I own 3 of this. I limited the height.
Doesn’t matter what feet your gear have.
No need to use expensive shelf.

Attachments

• 5D16BF7F-A1D8-4F49-B2B3-0CA64DF94325.jpeg
    5D16BF7F-A1D8-4F49-B2B3-0CA64DF94325.jpeg
    503.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 0DE8926E-9BBB-45E4-B3CF-60B14446A21B.jpeg
    0DE8926E-9BBB-45E4-B3CF-60B14446A21B.jpeg
    484.7 KB · Views: 44
Reactions: Argonaut

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
I'd be very curious to hear your assessment if you go this route.

At present, I’m unsure how much change the HRS will make?

Our Adona Racks seem to do an excellent job controlling vibrations. I‘ve had others jump up and down in the Great Room when playing vinyl and the TT didn’t skip a beat. I’ve placed a half-glass of water on our Transport and other pieces of gear and there is no seeable vibrations.

This said, I know some are still there. I fear over dampening though. I don‘t want to remove the life out of our system.

So, I’m as interested as you to see how our little experiment works. I’ll report back - but it will be sometime before I can …

Reactions: sbo6 and Lee

SoundQcar

Oct 12, 2011
Half Moon Bay, Ca
Add another Adona user to the thread. I've been using their Zero GTX rack for a few years now. I do, however, use a combination of SRA and Symposium platforms in place of the OEM Adona shelves. Nothing against them, but the other platforms took things up a level or two for me.

PR13

Dec 15, 2019
UK
I have an HRS VXR stand with M3X2's. I didn't try anything else, absolutely love the look of the VXR (in black) and serves its purpose extremely well. Have to say I'm a bit of an HRS fan boy!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing