Hydra Typhon T2

Bohemian

Mar 16, 2022
I am looking for information on the new Shunyata Hydra Typhon T2 which is a companion component to the Denali and maybe others to add to the performance. I know it is projected to be released in a couple of months.

Reactions: dandylinpsst

Bohemian

Mar 16, 2022
Shunyata is releasing this as an companion to the Denali to bring the performance up close to or the same as the Everest. It may do the same for the Triton v3. It will have an umbilical to hook up to an outlet and have two outlets of its own. Price $5500

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Interesting. Once it is released, I will look into it to see if it is worth upgrading my current Typhon QR attached to my Triton v3.

7ryder

Jan 31, 2015
Last edited:

Ian B

Oct 19, 2020
Finally! This is what I've been waiting for. Typhon V2, Altaira, and Omega XLRs and I think I'm good for a long while.

DetroitVinylRob

VIP/Donor
Dec 29, 2016
Metropolitan Detroit area, MI
I’ve been looking forward to this. Shunyata Hydra Typhon T2 with my Denali v2, YES!!

7ryder

Jan 31, 2015
Nope. Shunyata was closed last week, so maybe they'll start shipping soon.

7ryder

Jan 31, 2015
I just received notice that my T2 will be delivered tomorrow.

7ryder

Jan 31, 2015
Black

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
If you'd like to find out about the Typhon experience at an extraordinarly low cost, send me a PM. I have 2 1 original like-new Typhon available.

Last edited:

7ryder

Jan 31, 2015
And I'll have two Typhon QRs available for sale (both black) if anyone is interested

crion

Oct 29, 2014
Is the T2 really that good? I thought people would evaluate long and hard first against the QR?

7ryder

Jan 31, 2015
I've only had the T2 for a day, so still running it in with a fan for the next couple of days. It replaced the Typhon QR that I was using with a Denali 6000s/2. I have my monoblocks connected directly to the T2 and my subs connected to the Denali. I have an Everest for my frontend.

In the short time I have had to listen to my system since I put it in yesterday, I can tell that it is better than the TQR - there is a sense of more ease to the music and, while my system did not have any digititis pre-T2, it appears that something has gone away with the T2 installation. I am not hearing a better blackground, though...no new details from songs I know intimately.

That said, whatever has gone away/improved, I didn't notice it was there previously, my system already sounded very good with the TQR.

I didn't have a chance to demo one, I went with it because Caelin is of the opinion that the Denali/T2 combo is better than Everest, especially the way I'm using it. And when I first got the Everest, before replacing the DPC-6/Triton V3/Typhon QR stack on my frontend, I tried it on the amps/subs first and it sounded better than the Denali/TQR combo.

At this point, while it hasn't settled, I'd have to say that it is incrementally better. I have a Sigma XC inbound for the T2, so we'll see how it scales with the new power cord (I'm currently using a ?TRON® ? SIGMA HC with the T2).

Reactions: MusicFellow

crion

Oct 29, 2014
Oh, then you will have a double upgrade.

Thanks for expressing what is going on in the system. 1 day is very little for a powerconditioner so I expect things will develop from here.

7ryder

Jan 31, 2015
Oh, then you will have a double upgrade.

Thanks for expressing what is going on in the system. 1 day is very little for a powerconditioner so I expect things will develop from here.
yeah, I guess I will. I expect that I'll have some time to listen to the T2 as is before the new power cord shows up, it hasn't shipped yet.

crion

Oct 29, 2014
I received mine but will need the weekend to set up the system again. I shifted the complete PD layout around and upgraded to two HRS platforms.

Reactions: 7ryder

crion

Oct 29, 2014
7ryder, you’re now at the 2-week mark. How is the T2 settling in so far? Since you are using it with a 6000S/2 how do you find using its local outputs vs using the 6000S/2 outputs? Any stark differences there?

Ian B

Oct 19, 2020
7ryder, you’re now at the 2-week mark. How is the T2 settling in so far?
One might ask you a similar question... Inquiring minds want to know!

I put in an order last week, but who knows when it will ship.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing