I’M BACK!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Thanks for opening the gates Steve and Phil! Long story centered around my inability to keep up with my new fangled devices

anyway, here we are! There’s a lot to catch up on.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Jack, literally thinking about you this morning and your warning of our need to own our own media.

• Love
Reactions: JackD201

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Welcome back, my good buddy Jack. My stay in what's best forum is due to you and my virtual life here is incomplete without your presence. :)

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Jack, I hope all is well with you my friend! You have been dearly missed. I miss hearing about your audio escapades. I know you got busy (aren't we all) and there was some things that.....well, I won't go there.

WELCOME BACK!!!!

So glad to see you again! :cool:

Tom

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Thanks for opening the gates Steve and Phil! Long story centered around my inability to keep up with my new fangled devices

Welcome back Jack (my old user name was jeffrey_t)! Looking forward to seeing what's up with your system.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010

welcome back Jack, great to see you here. you always had some great insights which i enjoyed......and shared a high level of passion for our hobby.

it will be fun to see what you have been up to.

cheers,

Mike

Holli82

Jun 6, 2010
MY MAN!!!!!!

Glad you are back. Hope all is well. Time for a Vegas vacation;)

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Always good to see you here Jack, missed your good spirited perspectives and all the positive vibes… welcome back.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Welcome back, Jack! I look forward to your updates!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Thanks Guys! I missed you. Audio wise, I got some new speakers for the bedroom I've been enjoying care of some buddies of mine. The main system is still the same. My last change was still my move from CH L1 and M1 Monos to CH L10 and M10 Monos some time back. I haven't had any gear lust for that system. Well maybe just patiently waiting for the P10 to happen one day :). I was in Switzerland late last year and drove to Lausanne from Geneva to surprise Florian and the Gang. I am sworn to secrecy Hehehehe.

I believe I mentioned some time back, before I accidentally locked myself out of the forum, that some buddies of mine from high school picked up distribution for Quad. Their bread and butter is Pro Audio and they asked me to evaluate some of their stuff. I enjoyed my time with the 2912s. So much so that I called and asked for them back a few months after I had returned them. I'll post more about that adventure in another thread.

With gear lust down I've been upgrading and modding my other stuff like changing the props on my RIB and lifting my no mod policy on two of my cars. I normally don't touch my cars but since I consider my GR Yaris and e92 M3 as keepers for life, I figured what the heck. Nothing crazy just wheels, carbon intakes and plenums, TRD and Akrapovic exhausts respectively and some minor bits like aluminum skid plates. That kind of stuff. On Monday the M3 will get Accuton speaker drivers DSP, Amps and Head Unit. No they will not be wired with Master|Built LOL Wait, there's an idea! LOL

Business wise, I'm embarking on my first foray into the Hospitality industry. I picked up an old resort in the town of Bauan, Batangas Province located in Balayan Bay which in turn lies within the Coral Triangle just an hour and a half drive from Manila. The Coral Triangle on known for being one of the most biodiverse places in the world. I've been working on plans with the architects for a full rebuild and have been slowly assembling the management team.

Day job wise, I've been tasked with steering the drafting of the legal framework for the re-consolidation of distributed farm lands into planned, sustainable communities.

I guess you can say I have been busy :) Much of the heavy lifting is done so yeah, I'm back!

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Thanks Guys! I missed you. Audio wise, I got some new speakers for the bedroom I've been enjoying care of some buddies of mine. The main system is still the same. My last change was still my move from CH L1 and M1 Monos to CH L10 and M10 Monos some time back. I haven't had any gear lust for that system. Well maybe just patiently waiting for the P10 to happen one day :). I was in Switzerland late last year and drove to Lausanne from Geneva to surprise Florian and the Gang. I am sworn to secrecy Hehehehe.

I believe I mentioned some time back, before I accidentally locked myself out of the forum, that some buddies of mine from high school picked up distribution for Quad. Their bread and butter is Pro Audio and they asked me to evaluate some of their stuff. I enjoyed my time with the 2912s. So much so that I called and asked for them back a few months after I had returned them. I'll post more about that adventure in another thread.

With gear lust down I've been upgrading and modding my other stuff like changing the props on my RIB and lifting my no mod policy on two of my cars. I normally don't touch my cars but since I consider my GR Yaris and e92 M3 as keepers for life, I figured what the heck. Nothing crazy just wheels, carbon intakes and plenums, TRD and Akrapovic exhausts respectively and some minor bits like aluminum skid plates. That kind of stuff. On Monday the M3 will get Accuton speaker drivers DSP, Amps and Head Unit. No they will not be wired with Master|Built LOL Wait, there's an idea! LOL

Business wise, I'm embarking on my first foray into the Hospitality industry. I picked up an old resort in the town of Bauan, Batangas Province located in Balayan Bay which in turn lies within the Coral Triangle just an hour and a half drive from Manila. The Coral Triangle on known for being one of the most biodiverse places in the world. I've been working on plans with the architects for a full rebuild and have been slowly assembling the management team.

Day job wise, I've been tasked with steering the drafting of the legal framework for the re-consolidation of distributed farm lands into planned, sustainable communities.

I guess you can say I have been busy :) Much of the heavy lifting is done so yeah, I'm back!
No flies on you Jack ;)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Thanks for the hand Stevie. I had no idea that the email I had registered on the site was one that has been defunct for so long. No wonder as you so expertly surmised that that was the reason the forgot password thing had me endlessly redoing the Captcha thing to no avail until I gave up.

I sent you a Viber message but didn't get a reply. It was through serendipity that Phil said you no longer use the Viber/Rakuten platform.

All that time just because I finally transferred from my ancient laptop with the broken keyboard to this thing LOL

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
STILL running my Eera, Jack.
STILL consider your advice to buy it the best I've ever had in this hobby, Jack.
STILL indebted to you, Jack.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
STILL running my Eera, Jack.
STILL consider your advice to buy it the best I've ever had in this hobby, Jack.
STILL indebted to you, Jack.
I've missed you too buddy. Looking up what you've been up to lately is high on my list :)

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Aha, you might be interested in my Arya Audio Airblades Hype SE. Gamechangers.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Link please! :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing