I chose to give up the sonos because it

Ries Jaek

May 8, 2019
Well, I have been a Sonos fan for many years now, and have had almost all of their stuff, and its not bad, but at the same time rather expensive.
I like building my own speakers and amps, but it has always been a little difficult to implement streaming audio in it.
I recently decided to try and look again for something that I could use in my current setup, and for a little single speaker project, and I stumbled over Arylic.
I decided to give it a shot, and ordered the amp kit, and a single wifi audio receiver.
It was not very expensive, so why not give it at try ?
I received the things within a week here in Denmark.
I wont bother you with a unpacking experience, but everything was packed as it should.
First I decided to give the wifi audio receiver a go, because the single speaker project is not at the right stage at the moment.
Power connected, and audio out from my DSP filter.

QQ图片20190516170750.png QQ图片20190516170816.png
Closed the amp again. It’s a 4x10 W class A diy, and also diy speakers.
1.png 2.png
Installed the Mozu app on my Iphone, and after…3 minutes I was playing music from my NAS, local radio stations and music from my phone.
And playing .flac directly from my MacBook was just as easy.

Nothing wrong with a Sonos as a digital source, as long as it's reclocked with a Synchro-Mesh to reduce the jitter. Some of the best systems do this. As for using the Sonos as an analog source, fuggetaboutit.

Very nice DIY work BTW.

Steve N.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing