I did it guys

Windows X

Feb 28, 2011
www.fidelizer-audio.com

With same track from ripped CD streaming from my smart phone VS original CD in Esoteric K1 Grandioso, my close friend who is Esoteric distributor said in room with most revealing system he setup that this server sounds very close and probably hard to tell apart in normal systems.

Anyone can claim about server sounding better than highend CD transport but getting approval from highend CD transport distributor themselves is another story. It took me over 10 years to realize this dream. I still can't beat the best CD/SACD transport yet but the gap is close to being on par now. :)

jespera

Jan 12, 2018
London
Interesting. Whats the price?

Nothing beats this transport though: Abbas modified marantz cd-94 with external valve clock and power supply. ;-)

Jesper

Attachments

• 7B27D2BB-A26C-4436-B28B-5DBA4E0B5496.jpeg
    7B27D2BB-A26C-4436-B28B-5DBA4E0B5496.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 14

Windows X

Feb 28, 2011
www.fidelizer-audio.com
Interesting. Whats the price?

Nothing beats this transport though: Abbas modified marantz cd-94 with external valve clock and power supply. ;-)

Jesper

It's a custom product so there's no official price yet but should be more affordable than $10-20k USD servers in market right now.

I know you love your transport as I do love my Emm Labs CDSD SE one too. Well, most highend audio manufacturers know Esoteric builds the best transport and I compared to its own flagship CD Player with pretty close to on par performance right now. :)

jespera

Jan 12, 2018
London
Esoteric certainly builds some of the most impressive looking (and expensive) transports.

I’ll have an esoteric player on loan next week. So we’ll see how it fares against my pimped cd-94 (used as transport).

Jesper

Windows X

Feb 28, 2011
www.fidelizer-audio.com
You may want to check on my thread about my experience regarding highend CD transport too. Some very high performance one aren't as forgiving as most people think.

https://www.whatsbestforum.com/thre...nd-i-feel-like-i-need-to-say-something.26532/

When I first brought Esoteric P-03/D-03 in, it sounded worse than other transports I have and it took me over 2 years optimizing my system to reach its full potentials.

Some people probably think Esoteric transport is unnatural and harsh in their rooms but I already heard its better version before so this transport helped me a lot in fixing issues with my systems.

Regards,
Keetakawee

jackson_k

VIP/Donor
Jan 19, 2019
Los Angeles
You may want to check on my thread about my experience regarding highend CD transport too. Some very high performance one aren't as forgiving as most people think.

https://www.whatsbestforum.com/thre...nd-i-feel-like-i-need-to-say-something.26532/

When I first brought Esoteric P-03/D-03 in, it sounded worse than other transports I have and it took me over 2 years optimizing my system to reach its full potentials.

Some people probably think Esoteric transport is unnatural and harsh in their rooms but I already heard its better version before so this transport helped me a lot in fixing issues with my systems.

Regards,
Keetakawee
@Keetakawee Bro I just got my ESOTERIC P-02 what are the trick to optimizing the transport ? I did everything on the surface eg. +10M CLOCK , and grounding it to the tripping,,,, feeding it with HFC cables, what else can we do ?

Thanx in advance !

Windows X

Feb 28, 2011
www.fidelizer-audio.com
@Keetakawee Bro I just got my ESOTERIC P-02 what are the trick to optimizing the transport ? I did everything on the surface eg. +10M CLOCK , and grounding it to the tripping,,,, feeding it with HFC cables, what else can we do ?

Thanx in advance !

I did many things like speakers placement adjustment, cabling changing from power cables, digital cables, analogue cables, find good 50 ohm BNC cable and ended up building my own.

Most issues that made Esoteric sounding bad are from improper speakers placement and fine tuning from cables. Sometimes gain matching and selection of speakers/amp for room isn't optimal. There's also room acoustics to consider too.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing