I Had To Blink Twice To Believe this

Status
Not open for further replies.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Maybe the price is in Canadian dollars?????

Reactions: tima

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Wow, ours is app half that in FL. Ridiculous.

Reactions: K3RMIT and ddk

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
You guys need to get out to UK a bit more. Fuel currently £1.45/litre.

• Sad
Reactions: K3RMIT and Chop

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
It was a picture I took in LA Peter

I understand Steve. My point was that extremely high gas prices in LA/CA is not news to us who have been listening/watching news sources that report actually such stuff. To others, it may come as a surprise once they drive by the gas station trying to fill up, but I think you drive an EV.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
I understand Steve. My point was that extremely high gas prices in LA/CA is not news to us who have been listening/watching news sources that report actually such stuff. To others, it may come as a surprise once they drive by the gas station trying to fill up, but I think you drive an EV.

Unless you have an electric car one goes to a gas station at least once or twice a month. I don't' think high gas prices are a surprise to anyone, even those who don't watch TV. Not sure why you felt the need to give this a political twist.

Reactions: PeterA

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Unless you have an electric car one goes to a gas station at least once or twice a month. I don't' think high gas prices are a surprise to anyone, even those who don't watch TV. Not sure why you felt the need to give this a political twist.

Steve sounded quite surprised in the OP, and that surprised me so I reacted to it. But I get it. My mistake. I can delete it.

I should’ve just said wow Steve thanks for letting us know that seems really expensive. Gas where I live is much less expensive.

Reactions: dminches

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
I understand. My mistake. I should’ve just said wow Steve thanks for letting us know that seems really expensive. Gas where I live is much less expensive.

Gas here in NJ is high but not that high. Those prices are definitely ridiculous.

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
When I was a child in the 1970’s and 1980’s there were days that we couldn’t go out and play, the air was that bad.

I have no issue paying high prices for our “healthier” gas, my daughter is never had to stay indoors during recess due to air conditioning Yakut’s.

Reactions: rubinken

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
A little question this is galone (3,785 litre) price? In german cost 1 litre 1,69 € same in germany:(

dan31

Jul 22, 2010
SF Bay
The state of CA really likes to tax gasoline. I wonder what they will tax if they get most who can to switch to electric? It’s going to be a revenue issue for sure.

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
we were in Los Angeles for the day yesterday visiting the recently opened Academy Museum for Motion Picture

We saw this gas station on the next block View attachment 85876
Still falling well short of what I pay in Switzerland...would be equivalent to around $8/gallon!

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
No EV yet

hopefully in the coming year.

My daughter ordered a Model 3 last week. Delivery is next June :eek:
Is it cheaper for the electricity per mile? The electricity for everyone going "electric" will come from burning more fossil fuels in power plants...that is actually more wasteful as the losses in transmitting and storing electricity are significant and therefore less efficient than burning it at the source (i.e in the car itself). If you thought California had issues with brownouts before...wait till there are 100 million electric vehicles. Let's not think about the batteries...

twitch

Jun 17, 2010
SE Pa
Still falling well short of what I pay in Switzerland...would be equivalent to around $8/gallon!

yeah, but at least you folks have one of the most competent rail networks around !

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing