I have a dumb question and I can't find the answer. How to test a short pin Westinghouse US Navy Type CG-2566 on TV-7D/U?????

drkatherine1

Aug 22, 2020
My husband inherited hundreds and hundreds of vacuum tubes. I am in charge of testing, listing and selling. I am at wits end trying to find the answer to my question. Two of the tubes have long pins that plug right into the tester and I get an appropriate reading. Then there are 3 with short pins that don't seem to go far enough into the tester to get a reading. There are no adapters that can be used with the #4 socket. So I don't know how or if I can test these tubes. If this is not the correct forum please direct me to the correct one. I have attached a photo showing the difference between the pins.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_ce3.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_ce3.jpeg
    655.7 KB · Views: 8
  • fullsizeoutput_ce4.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_ce4.jpeg
    476.3 KB · Views: 8

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Thank you for posting. If they are audio tubes I am sure people here will be able to help you.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing