I said I would never buy another Turntable...Argh !!!

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Dear Tang,

Before you assemble the rack, is there a chance that you try the platform alone under your EMT927? I can guarantee it will be a very interesting and educative experience, requiring only a little work :)

Cheers,

The 927 with the spring suspension frame exceeds your 65kgs limit Jarek. I don’t know if the weight of 927 without the frame is more than 65 kgs ornot. My second arm is attached to the spring suspension frame too.

Kind regards,
Tang

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
I can't wait to see all these goodies setup. Are you next for delivery Tango?

Yes. I am second. Eta June.Christian is M1, I am M2 by serial number.

Stacore

Industry Expert
Feb 23, 2017
Gdańsk, Poland
stacore.pl
The 927 with the spring suspension frame exceeds your 65kgs limit Jarek. I don’t know if the weight of 927 without the frame is more than 65 kgs ornot. My second arm is attached to the spring suspension frame too.

Kind regards,
Tang

Put the platform without inserting the bearings. Just gently put the top plate directly on the pneumatic base, with some soft clean fabric underneath. This will have about 130kg load capacity (the bearings limit it tom 65kg).
And put the EMT in its frame on it. Dave says the EMT frame is pretty stiff so there shouldn't be much (if any) interaction frame-platform.

Cheers,

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
First round of assembling the Stacore rack. Took us three hours to get to second tier. Lesson learned, Must follow his instruction every words. Not difficult but tedious. So many screws to tighten and must be triangulated torqued with each leg. Jarek provided me with everything I needed including all the tools. This rack is truly high mass. You can’t shake this thing. It looks very simple but when you assemble it you will realize the the design is very well thought out and manufacture. Next week, will do a second round and finish the assembly. Take it easy right Khun David, Khun Jarek? :)

24BFB94E-1FF9-49D4-957C-0DB1C8FCE614.jpg

Tang

Stacore

Industry Expert
Feb 23, 2017
Gdańsk, Poland
stacore.pl
Dear Tang,

You have already achieved quite a lot doing it 1st time - congratulations! I thought you may get blocked already at the second tier positioning ;)
Yes, take it very easy. Almost like if you were setting up a cartridge.

What you see is only a part of our technology - much is hidden inside the legs. They have an innovative and complex structure - there is an inner leg inside
which is coupled to the floor but decoupled via viscoelastic material from the outer, visible leg. By that floor vibrations are much attenuated and the legs are highly damped
(knock them, they are dead silent). The drawback is the manufacture complexity - it's all a hell to make, esp quickly ;)

Take a rest and continue, I'm here to assist you. All your sweat and tears will be compensated ;)
Cheers,

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
“Stealthily beautiful” is the phrase that comes to mind.
“Iron fist in a velvet glove” also.
What an amazing foundation for Tang’s AS2000.
Bravo Jarek.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
First round of assembling the Stacore rack. Took us three hours to get to second tier. Lesson learned, Must follow his instruction every words. Not difficult but tedious. So many screws to tighten and must be triangulated torqued with each leg. Jarek provided me with everything I needed including all the tools. This rack is truly high mass. You can’t shake this thing. It looks very simple but when you assemble it you will realize the the design is very well thought out and manufacture. Next week, will do a second round and finish the assembly. Take it easy right Khun David, Khun Jarek? :)

View attachment 41445

Tang

Looks great Khun Tang! Sabai Sabai is the only way to do this :).

david

Last edited:

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Looks great Khun Tang! Sabai Sabai is the only to do this :).

david

The Sliders work excellent as you recommended K.David. Do I need to take them out once I settle on the placement?

Tang:)

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
The Sliders work excellent as you recommended K.David. Do I need to take them out once I settle on the placement?

I keep them under my tables you never know when you need to get behind the rack specially with a turntable with 4 arms.

david

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Last week was half rack. Full rack now. Big black beauty.

9CD6C278-9F13-416F-84BB-5D56221CBFC0.jpg

606C3470-5126-4D56-991A-C45C38E711E6.jpg

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
That’s v sweet indeed Tang.
Now all you have to do is move that behemoth to its final resting location.

Stacore

Industry Expert
Feb 23, 2017
Gdańsk, Poland
stacore.pl
Thank you very much for the kind words! But the credits should go to Stacore Bogdan rathar than me. It is his creation, engineering and execution.

The setup is not so difficult when one follows the instructions ;)

Cheers,

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing